South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Bears!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bears!

i hope the state (Fl) will come to it's senses and open a bear season. every year i seem to see more and more bears. i watch the outdoor channel and see them hunt Black Bears in Canada and talk about how big their 400 pound Black Bears are....lol. i seen a Black Bear yesterday that was easily around the 500 pound mark. where i park my truck to walk to my stand there was a bear track and his hind foot was every bit of 8-9 inches long and 4-5 inches wide. i hit one with my truck last year that was well over 500 pounds. i talked to a FWC officer and he said our bears get so much bigger because they eat year 'round and never hibernate. these bears are everywhere and the truth of the matter is, we needed a bear season along time ago butwe have too many bunny huggers in this state. i hate to say it but it's gonna take a child being mauled in a upper class subdivision before anything get's done about this.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bears!

I agree.....maybe not throughout the whole state, but definately in areas.......even if they put 100-200 limit on them....some kind of reduction is needed.....
Old 12-19-2007, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

central Florida is just over run with them. in some w.m.a.'s you see more bears than deer.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Dominant Buck

10-4, Good Buddy!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

There was an article a while ago in the Tampa Tribune that said that in most parts of the state that cars were killing black bears faster than they were reproducing. The article said that Ocala was about the only spot in the state where black bearreproduce faster than the number killed by cars and the population there isincreasing. But if the population is increasing and is sustanable, lets open a season in Ocala! I undertand they are every where up there.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

the bears are so thick in Ocala, you would not need to bait like they do on t.v. just sit in a tree on ANY game trail and you will see them. they are thick in Ocala because FWC releases all the "nuisance" bears that they trap in subdivisions in Orlando into the ONF.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Spike

Take a look at this 500 lbbruiser released in Ocala .

Old 12-21-2007, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's huge.......was he dead or drugged in the pic ?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks to be drugged. they will drug the bears to calm them on their transport to their new home (ONF).
Old 12-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: huntnma

He's huge.......was he dead or drugged in the pic ?
He was alive , just given a tranquilizer for the relocation.

Quick Reply: Bears!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.