Big Muzzle Loader Buck Down >

Big Muzzle Loader Buck Down

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Big Muzzle Loader Buck Down

Old 11-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Big Muzzle Loader Buck Down

I'm a little late posting this, but, I got him on Thursday of the second week of the Muzzle Loader season in Fluvanna. It was so windy and rainy (if you remember)that I didn't even go out in the morning (I hate wind but don't mind the rain).Well there was a lull in the weather about midday so I decided to go out and stay until dark. In all Honesty, that lull was the bestfew hours ofAutumn that I have experienced so far this year.He came cruising to the right of me around 2pm. It was over quick. I fired and he ran about 20 yds. When he stopped I could see massive amounts of blood coming out of his exit wound. I knew I had made a good hit on him. About 15 seconds later he keeled over never to get up again. Needles to say I was ecstatic.I was so pumped wit adrenaline I had to take a time out in my climber for an hour before Icould come down (safety first!). He's an 8 point, 170 lbs, 20 inch spread. The worst part was the drag because my comrades were hunting on a different piece of property so the I drug him myself to my truck. I was smokedby the timeI got back to the house.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Big Muzzle Loader Buck Down

Nice buck. I live out at the Lake but hunt in Charlottesville and Gretna. Do you belong to a club?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM

That is one great looking deer! Congratulations....
Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: dakine999

Nice buck. I live out at the Lake but hunt in Charlottesville and Gretna. Do you belong to a club?
Yes I hunt with a Club in Fluvanna. Gun Season has started and on the weekends we drop dogs kind of messes up my still hunting but they haven't gone totally nocturnal yet.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

how are the acorns in fluvanna this year? i used to belong to a club(non dog) for 25 years. we hunted around fluvanna high school and carysbrook area AND also around the local dump on rt 6. most of our land is planted pines.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: o2bebowhunting

how are the acorns in fluvanna this year? i used to belong to a club(non dog) for 25 years. we hunted around fluvanna high school and carysbrook area AND also around the local dump on rt 6. most of our land is planted pines.
Mature Red and Black Oaksare dropping good this year in Fluvanna. You must have hunted with Morlen right off of Carrysbrookand Gold Mine Road?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

MORLEN is correct.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: o2bebowhunting

MORLEN is correct.
Really good group of guys. There are some VERY good old hunters in that group of men. Not sure about the younger ones.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Well I finally got my mount back. I got it a month or so ago just forgot to post it.

Quick Reply: Big Muzzle Loader Buck Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.