Howdy Guys From NW NC >

Howdy Guys From NW NC

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Howdy Guys From NW NC

Old 10-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Howdy Guys From NW NC

Well, made it to God's country on the morning of the14th.. I am at my wife's counsin Hot Rod Shop in Canton,NC.. Yesterday we were visting friends in Franklin,NC and fixing to head back to Waynesville, NC in a few hours...The leaves are just Awesome!!!!

On the way up to NC we stopped in Clayton, GA to get gas and a girl pulled in who had just hit a 10pt buck and had really tore up her fender. She said there were at least 7 of them with a bunch of Does on the railroad crossing. The Rut was really hot last Saturday on the 13th in GA...

Well guys, wishing the best to all of you this season!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Default RE: Howdy Guys From NW NC

Hey reb,
I've stayed in Franklin before. Beautiful country.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Yep!.........Beautiful indeed!Had breakfast in Maggie this morning and I am typing this from Asheville.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Glad yore having a good time there Reb--Have ya'll been over round Murphy(Ranger)? My dads form there -until a couple years ago when they started cracking down on the days stayed me and my family used to spend the summer at Hanging Dog Campground--Long ways to go and set up camp for only 14 days--Oh well---Enjoy ya'llself and don't breathe in to much mountain air( it will make you sick and the only cure is to stay)
Old 10-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

Glad yore having a good time there Reb--Have ya'll been over round Murphy(Ranger)? My dads form there -until a couple years ago when they started cracking down on the days stayed me and my family used to spend the summer at Hanging Dog Campground--Long ways to go and set up camp for only 14 days--Oh well---Enjoy ya'llself and don't breathe in to much mountain air( it will make you sick and the only cure is to stay)
No, haven't gone to Murphy, but have visted friends in Franklin, Bryson City, Sylva and Hazelwood!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

How far are you from Boone???

If fairly close, get them to take you to the Mast General Store.....One is in Boone and one in Valle Cruses (I think that's how it's spelled)....

The 2nd one is an old country store, out in the boonies and they have all types of neat stuff....It has gotten comercialized, but if you need anything from a flannel shirt to a pair of work boots to a cast iron hush puppy pan, they have it...
Old 10-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rebel, just talked to the wife (she knows everything, we sold the encyclopedias)

She has heard there is one in Asheville....Have fun...
Old 10-21-2007, 07:45 PM

I thank there is a Mast General Store in waynesville to
Old 10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Reb,
I hope you have a good time there. I used to live in Cullowee right near Sylva. That was my old stompin grounds. Lived there for 3 years and it is still my favorite place in the whole world. I loved it there. I am feeling just a bit jealous now.....I must get back up there soon.

P.S Send some pictures

Steve