Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Florida WMA's - Three Lakes >

Florida WMA's - Three Lakes

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida WMA's - Three Lakes

Old 09-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Florida WMA's - Three Lakes

Three Lakes Wildlife Management Area... anyone hunt it?
What's the word? I was thinking about checking it out cause it allows archery during the week.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida WMA's - Three Lakes

Mike, I have been there over 10 times, but after Hogs. There were Bucks always hanging at the check stations. I like the Campoff Williams Rd cause it was easy tospot the travel trailer.

You have a Check Station/Camp Grounds off ofSR 60. This part boarders the the Prairie LakesUnit to the North. You have a Check Station/Camp Grounds off CR523 this boarders Prairies Lakes Unit to the South. You have a Check Station/Camp Ground off US 441 on Williams Rd.

Going East onSR 60 just before US 441 & Yee Haw Junction, is the first entranceto your left.Going North on US 441 till you come to CR523 turnto your Left. There use to be a country Store/Gas/Feed/Ice there. This area is called Kenansville, FL..Proceed West on CR523 and the Camp will be on your right.

It's exactly 11 miles North on US 441 to the entranceof Williams RDfromCR 523.
We alsowent under the overpass of the FL Turnpiketo the NorthWest side off WMA Rd #1 & #11.Like I said, we just went for Hogs. If it has been raining, you better have 4X4 for that area on the other side of the Turnpike

OH, I forgot to mention, there were Bears when we use to go!
Old 09-29-2007, 02:00 PM

Thanks Reb,
I figured you would have some info for me. Seems you've been to most of these WMA's.

I would be entering off of SR60 and hunting somewhere south of the Prarie Lakes Unit. It's been dry so hopefully my 4x2 Colorado can handle the roads. I think I'll go scout it out early this week then maybe go for a sit later in the week. Its an hour drive out there but about any WMA is that far for me and its always fun to check out a new area.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I was there once with Audubon looking for the Red Cockaided Woodpecker ..we didn't find one..i needed one fo rmy life list..still do.[8D]We did get 4 whooping cranes and the Bachman's Sparrow.

Anyway..some of those trails are not even dirt roads..they are just grass. Like Reb said..if' it's wet you may be in trouble.We did almost hit an 8 point buck driving. Lot's of palmettoes . pines and there is a marsh like creek that runs through it.I saw some turkeys there.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Florida bucks

Thanks Reb,
I figured you would have some info for me. Seems you've been to most of these WMA's.

I would be entering off of SR60 and hunting somewhere south of the Prairie Lakes Unit. It's been dry so hopefully my 4x2 Colorado can handle the roads.
Hey, I consider that area the Duck area. You know what they say....To kill a Deer, you have to be at the right place at the right time....you never know!

Mike, before I went hunting at Three Lakes, I went to the Engineering Office at the court house in Kissimmee and bought three or four ArielPrint Outs of the area I was going to hunt, whichwas the area I mentioned to you. I believethey were like $2.50 ea.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:33 PM

Duck Area???

Good idea on the Aerials. I do half my scouting from the computer anymore.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

I have been there looking for snipe. Did not see any snipe. I found lots of hog sign in the southern unit and show two nice does in the northern unit. I would like to go there myself and hunt it is just a little track from Land O Lakes.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

You don't want to go there. It is a waste of your time.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pupuchito

You don't want to go there. It is a waste of your time.
Don't know what camp you been to, but at the WilliamsRD camp check station, there use to be a Buckbeing field dressedevery day. Also, stop andlook at the pictures of game taken in that area over the years....
Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Brother Rebel Hog,
The sarcasm must have gotten lost in the post, sorry. Look at the first smiley. He is winking....get it?
I have seen game every time I have been out there,eventhough it has only been a handful of times.
Steve

Quick Reply: Florida WMA's - Three Lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.