Central Florida Archery Checkin >

Central Florida Archery Checkin

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Central Florida Archery Checkin

Old 09-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Central Florida Archery Checkin

OK boys how was it..

I went to one of my old Powder Spots...Saw 3 squirrels. I saw no signs around my immediate area. About 9:00 I heard the strangest sound. something like a turkey yelp but it wasn't a turkey..then I heard loud breathing that was mixed with a soft continuous grunt.This lasted about 60 seconds..then about 70 yds from me it stopped.I think it was a hog....not possitive..

I did a little more scouting.about 300 yds from original spot. .I saw heavy tracks..super fresh deer dung and some wide spread hog tracks..I cleared 3 shooting lanes and plan to sit the next 3 Sat.s right there. My stand is presently locked up there.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:01 PM

Default RE: Central Florida Archery Checkin

IDIDN'T MAKE IT OUT TODAY. Too much fun at the USF game last night. Yelled so much I lost my voice too.Itsvery tough to make it out on the weekends anyways cause that is the only chance I have to hang with the wife.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Dominant Buck

...good choice partner.
C7
Old 09-29-2007, 12:17 PM

Whats that? Hanging with the wife? Yeah I guess you have to have your priorities. But we have only been married since June so I actually still enjoy spending time with her.[8D] Plus she gives me less flak for spending all my frre time in the woods during the week if I spend the weekends with her. Gotta pick your battles
Old 09-29-2007, 06:11 PM

JUST SEEN FIVE 2 DOES A FAWN AND 2 SMALL BUCKS THEY GOT ABOUT 70 YDS FROM ME THEN I LOST THEM IN THE PALMETTOS AND STOOD UP TO FIND THEM ......GOT BUSTED
Old 09-30-2007, 08:06 AM

Had a four point walk into my lane on Wednesday at 15 yrds. He spotted me pretty much right away and then he stuck his nose up in the air and smelled me too, needless to say he had better things to do and left. Also had a coyote come with in shooting range but when I drew on him he took off. First coyote I've ever seen in Gulf Hammock, not a good sign.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:05 AM

another hunt lost due to an encounter with taco bell last night. what a bad weekend, first the gators lose and now this.......
Old 10-01-2007, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

hunted the last 4 days.....had two serparate does com ein @ 17 yds. but where i was is too thick and it wouldnt of been a good shot,too many branches and whatnot,now if either one of them would of walked out 5 feet, i could of gotten one, lol.....no bucks fo rme, not yet....i hunt 4 days again this week, so theres a chance....Good Luck y'all......
Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds exciting huntnma...I'm planning to hunt near Blackwater as soon as our archery season is over..

C7
Old 10-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

I think GS is a hard place to hunt. I believe there are lot of game, but too many people. I cannot believe all of the hunters that are there. Not to mention I saw several stands last week that are not there now. I think to many people go in there and keep the game fairly noctural. I need to hunt deeper and get away from the people. I wish they opened the gates a little earlier. I is hard to get to deep and in place before the sun comes up.

Cheers,
Chris

Quick Reply: Central Florida Archery Checkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.