Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Who is going to the Green Swamp on the 22nd? >

Who is going to the Green Swamp on the 22nd?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Who is going to the Green Swamp on the 22nd?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who is going to the Green Swamp on the 22nd?

Chuck,

You hunt real deep. I hate to drag something out from that distance. Boy is it Saturday yet???

Cheers,
Chris

Yes sir...I have a strong son..I told him to keep his cell phone on...DARN!! I just realized..he won't be driving his sportscar in the GS.What was I thinking..no wonder he never returned my call. For the most part the game out there can easily be carried out. I'll be real happy to just see something. The GS is very difficult to hunt no matter how many signs one is seeing..It's much different than a private farm..the deer at the GS travel alot...Their noses are extremely keen....other hunters....plus there are other things in your mind like...watching out for gators , pigmys, diamond backs, moccassin, a gang of coyotes and even an angry boar .

Have fun[8D]
Old 09-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

Don't worry I will have fun, but yes I know GS is a hard place to hunt. I miss the property I hunted on in Indiana. It was easy to move around and lot so nice deer. Oh, well I live in sunny(hot) Florida now.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 09-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

There is so many of us Florida hunters it's hard to remember who is who.It would be nice to have a get together at a central location sometime.
I would love that.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

I think a get together would be cool. I wonder if more than just you and I would show up??? I wonder if we could do it at a shooting range after hunting season? Or at some outdoor event?

Cheers,
Chris
Old 09-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

There is so many of us Florida hunters it's hard to remember who is who.It would be nice to have a get together at a central location sometime.
I would love that.
Yeah!.......at the Golden Coral on 98just north of I-4!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Chris,
A get together would be great.We should let Rebel Hog head it up..He's the most experienced Florida hunter on here. PLus..he's one of those social kind of guys..Where ever he suggest meet..I can make it. I suggest Reb..starts a new thread and see how many would be interested in showing up...Since we are in hunting now I would suggest a lunch somewhere so it doesn't cut into the Sat. mornng hunt..but no matter what..you can count me in on showing up. I made the range master at Saddle Creek very upset at me..so I can not go back.I shoot my guns at the Tenoroc range..my bow in my back yard.

The Saddle Creek range closes at 5:00. I showed up at 4:00 and he said he wasn't allowing anymore shooting today. I reported him to his suppervisor and the stuff hit the fan. He let me have it the next timeI showed up..He was trying to start a physical fight but I kept being nice..that really ticked him off. However; I'll never go back. I had wanted really badly to shoot my muzzle loader in last year.I had drawn a 2 day permit for Kicco. I was ticked I couldn't shoot it.It was already shooting great I just wanted to make sure.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Count me in on a get together. That is if I can convince my wife that it is OK to meet people I met on the internet. See my dilema? If my wife told me she was doing that, I would tell her she was crazy. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Count me in on a get together. That is if I can convince my wife that it is OK to meet people I met on the internet. See my dilema? If my wife told me she was doing that, I would tell her she was crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

I can relate..I met a man on here that looked mean but invited me to hunt on his farm in Missouri.I met him on the religious site so that helped alot..yet our beliefs were very contrary so I was very concerned. I drove the 16 hours ..and WOW!!!!! nowI understand the verse "Judge not" the man rolled out th ered carpet and made me feel extremely welcome.I shot my 8 point buck with in 30 minutes and never had a better time hunting.

Reb and I use to argue some...I was very reserved in meeting him.SUPER nice fellow...Many of us are professionals on our jobs and would never do something stupid to jeopardize it. I teach school.One mess up ..I'm done...even on a Sat. or Sunday.

A restaurant is a safe environment. ..especially when there will be others. If it's on a Sat. afternoon I could bring my wife as well.

I know that we all have differnt values so a lit cigerette ,beer or bad word isn't goingto freak me out.[8D]

I do feel very uncomfortable though hearing cursing in front of childrenor God's name in vain...and then I wouldn't go ballistic..I'd just be leaving earlier than normal.I do my best not to cause a scene.

C7
Old 09-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Pup,

I have am a member of some other internet forums that hold meetings. I have been to them and had a blast. I would worry if you were going to go some strange place with one person. But like Chuck said if we meet at a resturant with many other members it should be a safe.

Reb,

So it is the golden coral?

Chuck,

I can meet you at Tenoroc range sometime. Or we could go to the Dade City Rod and Gun Club. I have not been to either but I understand both are nice. I need to sight in my rifle before season.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

It's not me that was worrying, it was my wife. If it is a get together with a group, she should be fine with that. It's just that whole "meeting with someone you met on the 'net" that can have a weird connotation. I hope to be there with you all!

Quick Reply: Who is going to the Green Swamp on the 22nd?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.