Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

FL rollcall

Old 09-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: FL rollcall

Welcome Scott..

I can't give my spots away friends...but i'll I'll say this...I'll probably be somewhere on Powder Grade the first day..

Please don't take a chance and carry a pistol.Even if you have a concealed weapons permit it is illegal to carry one during archery or in a WMA area apart from firearm season. I was searched last year during archery. I was going to get a concealed weapons permit for scouting till I read page 2 of the brochure ..which specifically says no one can carry a pistol on a WMA or National Park when the firearm season is not in session. So don't get busted.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I was going to get a concealed weapons permit for scouting till I read page 2 of the brochure ..which specifically says no one can carry a pistol on a WMA or National Park when the firearm season is not in session. .
Hey Chuck7 where did you read this--my brochures on mgt.areas up here says you can carry with a concealed permit!!Also looked at Green swamp said the same thing!!!Just Curious we may not be on the same page!![&:]
Old 09-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

2 years ago I did all th enecessary stuff to get my concealed...then i saw page 2 of the concealed rules guide..It mentioned the National Forest right in there.I called Tallahassee just to make sure.They said I was correct..you can not carry a concealed weapon on a WMA or Nationa; forest except during firearm..I still called Florida fish and game ot make sure..they said you are correct...last year as I was drivin gout of the Green Swamp..they checked all vehicles for firearms.Since that was the case I chucked my concealed weapons application because in Florida you can carry one loaded in your car anyhow..and ,loaded BUT not on a WMA
C7

To verify call Florida fish and game..
Old 09-17-2007, 03:44 PM

lochlossa is where i hunt ive seen more deer in there at one time then ive seen my whole life at one time
Old 09-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

I was going to get a concealed weapons permit for scouting till I read page 2 of the brochure ..which specifically says no one can carry a pistol on a WMA or National Park when the firearm season is not in session. .
Hey Chuck7 where did you read this--my brochures on mgt.areas up here says you can carry with a concealed permit!!Also looked at Green swamp said the same thing!!!Just Curious we may not be on the same page!![&:]

2007-2008 Hunting Regulations Handbook
Pertaining to WMA's

Prohibited Methods of taking game

Page 12

*possessingmodern firearms while hunting during Archery, Crossbow and Muzzleloading gun seasons..

Old 09-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Chuck, ever been here?........

Peebles Barbecue

maps.google.com

503 Dixie Hwy
Auburndale, FL 33823
(863) 967-3085
Get directions

[/align]
Old 09-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Sure have Reb..

Ok REb..here is the rely to the firearm question.

1. Here is a cut section from a WMA brochure..

2. A couple of years ago I decided ot get a concealed weapons permit..not for bodily protection ..simply for scouting. On the application brochure which is pretty big I noticed on page 2 it mentined briefly about not aloud on National Forest....I called Tallahassee and ask about scouting in WMAs ..and she said it's not aloud..

I thought maybe she didn't understand so I called Fish and Game on Drainfield Road..I got the same answer..Then I ask the fellows at the gate at the Green Swamp..same answer .

Old 09-17-2007, 05:51 PM

was in green swamp last week of turkey season everyday i was going to hunt there this year but not now ne ways seen alot of hogs some does and fawns but no shooter bucks
Old 09-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Up unto last year the biggest buck I saw was a spike which I killed.
THEN,,while walking back to my truck last year ona trailI couldn't beleive it...Right in front of me glided the most beautiful 10 point ..I stood with my mouth open ..and thanking God for the sight..I looked toward my right and an 8 point was bounding across as well...I set my stand up in the bayhead they came out of and saw a doe the next day...and was grunted at 3 different sittings...plus there was hog wallowing signs...I saw some hogs as well. There werea few nice bucks checked in at the GS last year..the biggest at 169 pounds.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Dominant Buck

1. Here is a cut section from a WMA brochure..

Yeah, the 2007-2008 Handbooklet say's the same thing for the exception of the shotgun for Migratory bird hunting.

Quick Reply: FL rollcall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.