Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Hunting the Wichita Mountains, I actually got drawn for elk >

Hunting the Wichita Mountains, I actually got drawn for elk

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunting the Wichita Mountains, I actually got drawn for elk

Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Hunting the Wichita Mountains, I actually got drawn for elk

good deal!! The refuge is huge isn't it? Beautiful country out there. You will have the time of your life and I wish you the best of luck. Make sure you take a good camera and take lots of pics.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Spike

That's OK Davs2601. I wonder if you can call down and order one of those maps?
I think I will give them a call and see.
Is it December yet, haha.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Mathewsbowman-Hours for the visitor center are 10 am to 5.30 pm and they are closed tuesdays. I couldnt find a phone number in the pamphlet i picked up. My grandpa is in the hospital in Lawton. Thats why I went down to begin with, if he dosent get out of the hospital I will probably go back down this coming weekend. If they wont mail you a map I can pick you one up. Just let me know.

Tyler50- Its funny I lived in Lawton allmy life and I never realized it was so large. I also never took advantage of the area as far as hiking and fishing as much as I should. There it was in my back yard and I ignored it, now its an hour drive. I will definately take a ton of photos and put some of them up on here. Thanks again for all your help

Old 07-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Also september 9th they will start the bugling elk tours through the special use area. This may be the only way that we can get a preview of the hunting areas. just an idea, ill probably try to go if I can
Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM

I also got drawn for a bull and this was my first time to ever apply. A lot of guys I know are insanely jealous because they have been apply for years and have never been drawn. Ive never been elk hunting but Ive been hiking and fishing in the WMa lot but i still dont know what to expect from the hunt but a lot of these posts have been helpful. Im Pumped!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:15 PM

congrats. davs2601 on your draw. I was also drawn for the dec. 4-6 cow hunt. It ought to be some kind of awesome.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats to both of you. I am so excited!! I just picked up a book with a ton of elk hunting tips. I should be done with it here in a few days and Ill post up some of the good tips to help us less experienced elk hunters out.

We should think of some way to identify the hunting.net crew when we get there for the briefing the day prior. It would be nice to put a face to the names. Any ideas
Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM

It sounds like everybody else has been drawn for the earlier hunt. Im in the Dec 11-13 hunt, is anybody else in this one?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davs2601

We should think of some way to identify the hunting.net crew when we get there for the briefing the day prior. It would be nice to put a face to the names. Any ideas
Why not everyone buy a hunting net cap? they are for sale on line here. You could probably take it to a local embroidery shop and have your handle stitched on the back.

Oh, and i in no way profit from the sale of goods. Just the suggestion you were looking for.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 PM

I think the hat idea is a good one. I'll need new orange anyway. Maybee all the huntingnet caps will make everyone else nervous and they'll scare all the elk our way..hah.

Quick Reply: Hunting the Wichita Mountains, I actually got drawn for elk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.