Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Oklahoma Deer hunting... >

Oklahoma Deer hunting...

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma Deer hunting...

Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Oklahoma Deer hunting...

I am looking to try and find a good place for opening rifle weekend this season. So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions drop me a line. I don't mind paying a small fee if it's reasonable and a solid chance at a nice size buck.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Oklahoma Deer hunting...

Be sure to sign up for the draw hunts through Oklahoma department of wildlife. Its not up yet for next season, but keep checking on it.

If you have access to ft. sill it is a great palce to hunt as well.

Im stuck without a lease as well as you. They are just way to expensive for me. If I could find something from 500-800 per gun for the year I would jump on it but most are around$1000. Just for deer gun season!!

If you find something priced 500-800 and need one more gun let me know. and ill let you know if I come across anything
Old 02-07-2007, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: davs2601

Be sure to sign up for the draw hunts through Oklahoma department of wildlife. Its not up yet for next season, but keep checking on it.

If you have access to ft. sill it is a great palce to hunt as well.

Im stuck without a lease as well as you. They are just way to expensive for me. If I could find something from 500-800 per gun for the year I would jump on it but most are around$1000. Just for deer gun season!!

If you find something priced 500-800 and need one more gun let me know. and ill let you know if I come across anything
Yeah wouldn't mind access to Ft Sill but no go there I assume since it's not public. Yeah I plan on signing up for the draw hunts for sure. Where do you find info on those? I know my brother always signs up for the Lexington Game Reserve I think.

My brother has a deer only lease and he pays around $450 a gun and has access to like 600 acres. Pretty good land and I will go with him just not opening weekend. I told him when they have a spot open he best tell me..lol Yeah I hear you on the cos of leases man are they costly. I turned down one for a ranch up north at $1200 a year..uhg I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a cheap deer lease for sure.

I am hoping to maybe find a good public spot sometime although I have a feeling those don't exist.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

there are a some good public land, but they take alot of work and scouting. The bad thing is that most of them are 2-3 hours away so it tough to get out there. Look into Altus-Lugert, thats where I deer hunted. I didnt harvest a deer, but I saw plenty of them. They were just out of my range with my bow. There is also a large coyote and bobcat population.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:55 PM

I wish there were some affordable clubs around here. My father-in-law is a member of I think the Edmond Sporting Club. If I remember right he pays around $1200 a year but has access to a lot of private leased land. Downfall is until I graduate from college that is just way out of my budget. I think $500 a year for a deer only lease or any lease is my max atm. Any more then that and the wife would have a heart attack. I think I will have to look at some of the public areas and do a little scouting ahead of time. My brother seems to get drawn for the draw hunt at Lexington so if he get's lucky again this year I will go on that for sure.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Fork Horn

I may be able to hook you up if some of the leases come open this year. Drop me an e-mail with where you'd like to have a lease in the state. [email protected]
Old 02-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Here is the link for the controlled hunts: http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/controlhunt.htm

I have been putting in every year for as long as I can remember and was finally drawn 2 years ago for a primitive hunt at Deep Fork.

Good luck!

Is there a website for Oklahoma Hunting leases? If anyone knows of one let me know. If not I might put one together. Do you think there is much of a need for that type of site?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

heres one that I found http://huntingleases.net/index.html, all of them are well out of my price range. There was another and I forget what site it was, Ill try to look for it. There are a few sites that you have to pay to have access to see the listing. at those prices I should just look into purchasing land.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: USFWC

I may be able to hook you up if some of the leases come open this year. Drop me an e-mail with where you'd like to have a lease in the state. [email protected]
I'll drop you an email. I wouldn't mind getting a lease for deer season at all. Able to hunt hogs would just be a bonus and depending local quail would rock.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:54 PM

I left OK in 94 and recently returned to the state. My prior years were spent in eastern OK and now I live in Edmond, so this area was (and still is) new to me. This past season I spent a few weekends out scouting public land, eventually found a buck worth pursuing and eventually connected with him on opening day.

The deer are out there, you just need to look hard and think outside the box.

Here he is...

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Deer hunting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.