Alabama deer harvest >

Alabama deer harvest

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Alabama deer harvest

Old 01-31-2007, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Alabama deer harvest

Just curious, how did everybody in Alabama do this year? How many total deer did y'all take?
Old 02-01-2007, 05:01 PM

Default RE: Alabama deer harvest

This is the first season in about 14 years that I haven't killed a deer. I didn't get to go nearly as much as I usually do. The times I did go the conditions weren't ideal. I saw some button bucks, a few small does, a few spikes, and a couple of small bucks.
I took one of my friends hunting with me a few weeks ago. He killed his first buck, so I was excited for him.
How about you?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:44 AM

I killed 8 this year two with my x-bow and six with my gun. And killedmy biggest deer deer so far. It was a 8pt that was 205ibs and was 18" wide. This was my bast season. But I never seen any and I do any rutting at all.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had a great season at our club. I took my biggest buck ever in Archery season, and in total I took 3 deer. Now I'm ready for Turkey Season!!!

Here's a link to our website click on Deer Season 06-07 to see pics!

www.huntchristiancreek.com

Old 02-05-2007, 02:34 PM

Goose and I hunt the same land. We took 16 bucks and 5 does. personally, I took 3 and put the others on the big bucks. How bout that all the big bucks were killed out of my stands.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

We had our slowest season ever.I hunted a good bit more this year than I have the last few years and saw alot less deer.The last 5 years I've seen 52, 48, 57, 44, and this year only 27different bucks. My total deer sightings for the last 5 years has been 144, 158, 177, 136, and this year 88. Between the 4 of us we usually shoot between 15 and 18 deer total. This year we shot 7. I personally average around 5-7 deer/year. Usually 3-5 with my bow and 2 rifle. I wasn't to far off with 2 bow kill (does) and a 15" 7pt (8" g2's and a 16" 8pt(9" g2's, 7"g3's) with my rifle. I shot the 7pt on the morning of Dec 23rd on his way to a bedding area and the 8 I shot Jan 27 chasing a doe.I hunted the last 7 days of the season. I saw 14 of my 27 bucks in those 7 days. I had 38 deer sightings in that last week. 27 buck sightings(some of the same ones I saw a couple of times) and 11 does. Only 1 doe had a buck following...in my casetwo 8pts and I shot the biggest of the two which was the 2nd biggest buck I had seen all season. I think other than a doe or two coming into heat the main rut was still a couple of weeks out...maybe it was this week..who knows no reason to be there. The sign we usually see in early Dec we didn't see till early Jan. I just don't think it was happening this year. Not sure if it was the moon, weather, or what. Just seems like the rut gets later and later every year. 12 years ago we had rutting activity in late November and full blown chasing in Dec. Now we are into Feb. Not sure if its weather patterns or what but something has changed. I think we have alot of baiting going on around us since all 7 deer we shot had corn in them. Usually 1 or 2out of the 15+ has it...this year all of them did. I know this is hurting us alot. The only icing on the cake for me this year was my dad killed his biggest buck ever out of one of my stands. I found a ton of sign in early Jan and hung a stand on it. He hunted it 4 hunts in a row and didn't see anything...5th hunt it paid off though. 185lb 131"9 point came checking his scrapes the morning of Dec 20th.

Maybe it will get better next year!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a really fun season. Shot 4 deer including a 12 point which was my biggest deer ever. I saw a whole lot more than I usually see, but mostly young bucks and lots of does.Wish I could have takenmore does than I did this year, but oh well. I sawa little more chasing and aggressiveness from the bucks this year than in the past, it was an exciting year. It just kills me to know the deer are just now gettingreally primed and chasing all over the woods and I can't hunt 'em. Lookin' forward to callin' up some limbhangers now though, my favorite.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:23 PM

well this hunting boy had a good deer season coosa county & shelby were good to me! killed two big bucks one small and five does & alot of summer sausage & backstraps ! now its trukey killing time gobble!gobble!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

summer sausage and saltines! mmm mmmm!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:43 AM

I'm not going to gloat but HANK, (my current thumbnail), was taken this year on opening day in Limestone County. Between three of us, we killed an average of ten mature bucks and does each in North Alabama and Pulaski, Tennessee.

Quick Reply: Alabama deer harvest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.