Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Cahaba River WMA-Alabama >

Cahaba River WMA-Alabama

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cahaba River WMA-Alabama

Old 01-21-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Cahaba River WMA-Alabama

Hello all fellow Alabamians, has anyone ever hunted the Cahaba River Wildlife Management Area? I was going to hunt it this season but decided not to at the last minute. A week ago or so, an article came out in the paper about the great success hunters are having there. I've heard everything from "it's deer hunting heaven" to people who've hunted there for years and never saw a thing.

Anybody?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:34 PM

Default RE: Cahaba River WMA-Alabama

I live fairly close by this land, but never hunted it. Thought about it, but don't really know the area very well. One thing is it seems to be very hilly, and not many roads to help traveling. I dont' mind walking a long way, but hills I don't like. LOL I may scout this spring, but not this year. I've heard its good hunting, but you have to really scout hard.

Chad
Old 01-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Iuse to go up there and shoot at the rifle range there when I lived in Bham. I never hunted it but we did scout around there some. We found some good deer sign. Just have to be willing to walk and even more willing to drag or pack one out up and down the mountains...that place is hilly. I've saw several decent bucks come from there. 120" class. There are a few spots down on the river itself that you can see 100yd stretches and the deer cross in the flat areas. It's long walks in though. If I had a map I could show you. I can't remember exactly how to get in there. That was 7 or 8 years ago now.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:02 PM

Hunting is fairly good but you have to work hard for it. Alot of land with very few roads to get to good hunting. if you can trek hills and hollars for a couple of miles you can find good hunting.