Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Hunting clubs in VA >

Hunting clubs in VA

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunting clubs in VA

Old 01-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Spike

Default Hunting clubs in VA

Hey Virginians.......Any of you guys know of any hunting clubs around the Richmond area? I only want to Archery hunt......so by joining a club, I will get access to plenty of Land...hopefully!!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting clubs in VA

Down there you better get ready for the dogs. Most of the large clubs run dogs and it is really hard on archery hunters. Running shots get tough with a string and stick.

Mike
Old 01-17-2007, 12:18 AM

yea the dof hunting in va is a sad sad thing, its really getting out of hand, im a bowhunter myself and although i dont have to worry bout dogs on my land i feel for those who do have to deal with em.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:38 PM

Are you just looking for a place to bowhunt?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Spike

Yep... just looking for a place to bowhunt!!!!! Have even tried to look for some land to lease!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:35 AM
Spike

good luck as soon as gun season starts it is hard for bow hunters and still hunters in va even in hunt clubs
Old 12-19-2010, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Chris... I'm in Richmond too (west end, near Regency Mall).

The others on here are right - there are dogs all over the place. It almost seems like they run 24/7.

It can be both a blessing and a curse... If you play it right, they will let their dogs run and the dogs will run a nice deer right to you - heck right directly to your treestand! But then again, you have to put up not getting a good shot or an impossible shot, because the deer won't stop to allow it.

I go out to the GWNF where they don't run dogs. It's peaceful, quiet, and you can go in so far and in so deep, you'll need a compass or a GPS to find your way back out! The only problem is being in the right place at the right time. Sometimes you can be in the GWNF, and not even see anything all day long - not even a squirrel. But with proper scouting, you can be right there and nail a really nice buck.

Anyway, as far as hunt clubs... I don't know of any archery clubs around Richmond. I'm pretty sure most clubs are dog clubs anyway, and not exactly my style, but it's cool... I just hunt where they don't run their dogs. They do their thing and I do mine.

There is a big hunting club up around Fredericksburg called National Sportsman's Association. They are pricey, but they are pretty good from what I hear. http://www.nsa-inc.com/
Old 12-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

This thread is 3 years old.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by VA5326
Whoa... Holy thread resurrection! I should have checked the date of the above threads. My bad...
Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by VA5326
Too Funny! Nothing's changed in three years though!

Quick Reply: Hunting clubs in VA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.