Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 how many deer y'all see today? >

how many deer y'all see today?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

how many deer y'all see today?

Old 11-11-2006, 06:03 PM

Default how many deer y'all see today?

well, here in kentucky(louisville)rifle season opened this morning.my boyfriend and i have recently started hunting an 80 acre farm in spencer county. we got there 'bout 6am andit was just misting rain. temps were starting to drop rather rapidly. wewere sitting in our blind overlooking ahuge hayfield.approximately 30 minutes after getting in our blind, we begin to see deer.i won't go on and on because i could be up all night writing. bottom line is we saw 18 deer!EIGHTEEN! on one single hunt! i have never seen that many deer over the course of an entire hunting season, muchless all in one day!this is even after having to run out two other hunters who were trespassing! how many deer did yousee today?
Old 11-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how many deer y'all see today?

29...12 bucks, 17 does. One of those bucks was a giant. I only got a brief glimpse of him though...he was chasing a doe down the side of a slough way behind me. Saw 3 other mature, 4 1/2+ y/obucks that would have easily made P&Y, but none were near the size of him...or close enough for a shot. Had a really nice 10 point come within 5 yards, but let him go because I estimatedhe was only 2 1/2. I got up and out late this morning because I didn't have the motivation. That won't be a problem tomorrow morning!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:08 PM

I only saw three does but i was happy with that..it's bucks only till next saturday here in Fl..
Old 11-12-2006, 05:21 PM

did'nt actually hunt today but just driving around the farm we saw several small bucks and does. there was one big boy laying in the corner of a field by the road .....several cars stopped to take pictures and oooh and ahhhh. the area we hunt is widely known for the big deer.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:26 PM

Three hungry does is all I have seen. Albany, Ky
Old 11-12-2006, 05:33 PM

We saw 'bout 6 more deer today! My boyfriend was able to take a nice 8 pt. pics will be on here later cause i have to get pics developed. i'm stuck in the olden days with my 35mm!
Old 11-12-2006, 07:07 PM

three does, one spike, southeast al.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

One on One, are you seeing a lot of very small spotted fawns lately. Seems every doe I see has a couple of the little fellers with her. I saw about 12 in the last week.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:43 AM

yea, we've been seeing some.seems their a little late this year.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

One on One, are you seeing a lot of very small spotted fawns lately. Seems every doe I see has a couple of the little fellers with her. I saw about 12 in the last week.
That's probably due to a fawn drop that was later than normal because the buck to doe ratio is askew. Not all of the does got bred during the normal rut, so they got bred on their next cycle.

Quick Reply: how many deer y'all see today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.