Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Arkansas bow season >

Arkansas bow season

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Arkansas bow season

Old 09-17-2006, 04:31 AM

Default Arkansas bow season

Anyone out there around Mena, Arkansas that's chomping at the bits like I am to get out there in the woods bow hunting..... Let's hear how many guys are hunting around this area. Have a great deer season!!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:07 PM

Default RE: Arkansas bow season

hey metalback,
I live in the Mount Ida area, lots of deer in the area this year. I don't bowhunt but I'm itching to get out and check some of my favorite areas if it cools off a little. Good luck and hunt safe.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

I'm a little North of Mena but i'm ready.I hunt Fort Chaffee alot and the Mount Magazine area.I have been geting alot of good pics of some good bucks.I'm going to check out Mud creek its down that way if any of you guy's have ever hunted there and can spare some advice that would be great.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Spike

Can't wait, the first will not be here soon enough, I ain't from around mena but between Malvern and Sheridan, aways wanted to hunt shady lake area Nation Forest Land, we do alot af horse back riding around there and always see deer and turkey, good luck
Old 09-20-2006, 12:11 PM

Man I'm ready, Oct 1 can't get here fast enough. My buddy has some land in Mena. He put out some corn in front of his stand a couple weeks ago with a game cam. When he went to retrieve it the camera had been knocked off the tree and his stand was all tore up. When he got the pic's back it had a young black bear on it about 15 pics of him. He also had some nice deer.
I love it in Mena (some of the best four wheelin trails I've ever road) I went turkey hunting with him there last year & killed a nice tom.
We are going down south for the opening week but we will make it back to Mena probably for muzzle load season.
Goodluck
Old 09-24-2006, 03:24 AM

It is really cooling off up here around Shady and the leaves are starting to turn. Acorns are dropping like rain out of the oaks. Going to be another great year for the deer chompping on acorns!!!! We got 7 inches of rain in the last few days so no fear of any kind of fire danger with all the hunters coming up to play. You should have seen the light shows we've had the last 2 storms.....simply amazing!!!!! My food plots are rocking and rolling with all this rain so I'm a happy camper about that. Been seeing deer and turkey everyday out in the plots. Another week and I'll either be up a tree....or in my Eastman Undercover LX-5 carbon blind waiting for that special deer or turkey to come by to send an arrow out of my Parker Hunter Mag through both it's lungs!!!!! Sure am looking forward to getting my hands bloody again..... Good luck to yall this season......