Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va Hunters

Old 11-07-2002, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Va Hunters

Hello Im VaSavage270,

I would like to take this time to introduce myself and hopefully network with a few others on this upcoming gun season.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:40 PM

Default RE: Va Hunters

Hey..

I am a Virginia Hunter. I am going to VA Tech, but I hunt in the Tidewater region. I will probably spend the season at A.P. Hill.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

[quote]
what is the proceedures for hunting on ap hill, I've heard my brother mention it whenhe was in the army a year ago.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mut - you live around the Northern VA area? I just graduated from GMU last year. I'm up here in Prince William County. I've never hunted A.P. Hill, but Quantico is pretty good. There are some nice bucks taken there every year.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:58 AM

Yeah, I live in Fredericksburg, well at least I consider it my permanent address.

I just started hunting A.P. Hill last year, and it looks like a great place to hunt. They have ~40,000 acres for public hunting. It does cost $30 for a license to hunt there. It is a really organized system though. They have 31 seperate hunting ares you can choose from. People start lining up outside check station after midnight to get the spot they want to hunt. They issue you a barcoded tag for the area you are supposed to hunt. One thing to remember is that you need to have you hunter education certificate in order to get you license.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mutt I live in Fredericksburg also, near Chancellor in Spotsy, where in the area do you live?

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 11-08-2002, 05:20 PM

Well I "used" to live in South Stafford, but I have been going to school here at Va Tech for four and 1/2 years. My parents still live there, and I just go home to visit and of course hunt. I am actually leaving now to hunt A.P. Hill on Saturday. I am going to drive through the night and hopefully make it there by 1:00 am and get a few hours of shuteye in the car. I will post my results, if any on Sunday.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Coolbrze,

I'm in PW as well I haven't hunted Quantico in ages, I really would like to hunt it again. I'm sure there are many changes since I last hunted there 1991 lol, maybe we can get together.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:24 AM

Hey VaSavage270

I live in Buchanan county in southwest Va, do most of my hunting in Russel county and Craig county. Does anyone else think the rut is going to be later this year in Va? I'm still seeing bucks traveling in bachlor groups and very limited scraping / horning activity. I have seen a little sparing going on but this time last year they were already chasing does.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:02 AM
Spike

I hunt quantico every year. You need to take the base safety course (1 hr), and pay the (last year0 $10 license fee, and you'r good to go. Three tier license system green (active duty military, 1st pick), blue (reserve, retired and base enmloyees, 2nd pick), and brown (everybody else, last pick). there are at least 30% of the hunting slots reserved for brown tags each day. Best chance for anyone is mid-week. almost guranteed to get the exact hunting area you want, when you want it.

Quick Reply: Va Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.