Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 How good is Puducah Ky for deer hunting? >

How good is Puducah Ky for deer hunting?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

How good is Puducah Ky for deer hunting?

Old 08-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How good is Puducah Ky for deer hunting?

Looks like I may be moving to Puducah Ky in the next month or so to work for Harleyand was wondering how the hunting in that area is ... I know KY in general is very good but what about there in Mc Crackin Co ..or bordering Co.'s?

DD

Old 08-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How good is Puducah Ky for deer hunting?

WELL I DON'T KNOW ABOUT PUDUCAH BUT WEBSTER AND CRITTENDEN COUNTIES ARE REAL GOOD. WHEN YOU GET TO PUDUCAH GO TO GANDER MTN. AND ASK FOR CASEY DAVIS HE IS THE MANAGER AND PART OWNER OF A OUTFITTING BUSINESS IN WEBSTER HE COULD GIVE YOU THE BEST AREAS.
GOOD HUNTING.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you RJ

dd
Old 08-20-2006, 01:28 PM

I lived in Paducah all my life, up until about 7 years ago when I got married and moved across the bridge to Metropolis, Il. When you get here, let me know and we will hook up and shoot if you want. I have basically switched to straight archery and muzzleloader, but I have taken many a good deer in McCracken County. You wont be disappointed.

Mark

Old 08-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you Mark that would be great ... I will be going to work for the Harley store there they have offered me the sales managers position.... I will most like start in September if all goes welland will know no one in that area as I have lived and hunted most all my life in north Alabama and souther Tennessee .... can you hunt with a crossbow in Ky because here in Alabama it is legal for everyone ...last year I gave up my compound bow because I just can't see as well as I use to (old fart) ... I do ML and rifle hunt ..and have a shotgun ...

dd
Old 08-20-2006, 03:24 PM

http://fw.ky.gov/06deerzones.asp?lid...vPath=C151C164

check that out for your crossbow season. they just made it legal for everyone to use a crossbow in ky. i still hunt in ky some when i get a chance. actually just got my licence and tags for non resi the other day. over the counter at the local wal-mart. have you bought a house or anything like that yet? my wife runs a local website advertising homes in southern illinois and western ky, you should check it out. www.touritnow.com

Mark
Old 08-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've never hunted in mcracken county but i have in trigg and christian counties which are kinda close to there and the hunting is great. usually you will see alot of deer one way or another.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:55 PM

Well i live 1 mile from the harley dealership in bowling green. ky. And as far as the deer huunting goes, all of western ky is great deer hunting with some great bucks comin out of the region. i read in a magazine the other day that breckenridge is the best county in ky, then butler county(where i hunt). But many of my friends hunt over towards paducah and consistently bring home the big ones. In general, if you are hunting western ky, you are gunna see some good deer. Ive seen multiple p&y bucks every single year where i hunt....but have trouble sealing the deal.But good luck with yur new job and good hunting.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

I live and work in McCracken County, but I also farm in S. Illinois.This year I am planning on hunting McCracken more than Illinois, just because I've seen more quality deer. (Maybe because we slaughtered them in IL last year and need another growing season). You wont be dissappointed huntin' close to home.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shawnee you dont need a hunting partner do ya?

dd

Quick Reply: How good is Puducah Ky for deer hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.