HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   How good is Puducah Ky for deer hunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/152587-how-good-puducah-ky-deer-hunting.html)

DoctorDeath 08-19-2006 06:25 PM

How good is Puducah Ky for deer hunting?

Looks like I may be moving to Puducah Ky in the next month or so to work for Harleyand was wondering how the hunting in that area is ... I know KY in general is very good but what about there in Mc Crackin Co ..or bordering Co.'s?

DD

RJPOUTDOORS 08-19-2006 08:32 PM

RE: How good is Puducah Ky for deer hunting?

WELL I DON'T KNOW ABOUT PUDUCAH BUT WEBSTER AND CRITTENDEN COUNTIES ARE REAL GOOD. WHEN YOU GET TO PUDUCAH GO TO GANDER MTN. AND ASK FOR CASEY DAVIS HE IS THE MANAGER AND PART OWNER OF A OUTFITTING BUSINESS IN WEBSTER HE COULD GIVE YOU THE BEST AREAS.
GOOD HUNTING.

DoctorDeath 08-20-2006 04:28 AM

Thank you RJ

dd

mblb679 08-20-2006 01:28 PM

I lived in Paducah all my life, up until about 7 years ago when I got married and moved across the bridge to Metropolis, Il. When you get here, let me know and we will hook up and shoot if you want. I have basically switched to straight archery and muzzleloader, but I have taken many a good deer in McCracken County. You wont be disappointed.

Mark

DoctorDeath 08-20-2006 02:10 PM

Thank you Mark that would be great ... I will be going to work for the Harley store there they have offered me the sales managers position.... I will most like start in September if all goes welland will know no one in that area as I have lived and hunted most all my life in north Alabama and souther Tennessee .... can you hunt with a crossbow in Ky because here in Alabama it is legal for everyone ...last year I gave up my compound bow because I just can't see as well as I use to (old fart) ... I do ML and rifle hunt ..and have a shotgun ...

dd

mblb679 08-20-2006 03:24 PM

http://fw.ky.gov/06deerzones.asp?lid...vPath=C151C164

check that out for your crossbow season. they just made it legal for everyone to use a crossbow in ky. i still hunt in ky some when i get a chance. actually just got my licence and tags for non resi the other day. over the counter at the local wal-mart. have you bought a house or anything like that yet? my wife runs a local website advertising homes in southern illinois and western ky, you should check it out. www.touritnow.com

Mark

Hunter06FlKy 08-20-2006 06:51 PM

i've never hunted in mcracken county but i have in trigg and christian counties which are kinda close to there and the hunting is great. usually you will see alot of deer one way or another.

TEmbry 08-24-2006 08:55 PM

Well i live 1 mile from the harley dealership in bowling green. ky. And as far as the deer huunting goes, all of western ky is great deer hunting with some great bucks comin out of the region. i read in a magazine the other day that breckenridge is the best county in ky, then butler county(where i hunt). But many of my friends hunt over towards paducah and consistently bring home the big ones. In general, if you are hunting western ky, you are gunna see some good deer. Ive seen multiple p&y bucks every single year where i hunt....but have trouble sealing the deal.But good luck with yur new job and good hunting.

shawneeslinger 08-30-2006 10:32 AM

I live and work in McCracken County, but I also farm in S. Illinois.This year I am planning on hunting McCracken more than Illinois, just because I've seen more quality deer. (Maybe because we slaughtered them in IL last year and need another growing season). You wont be dissappointed huntin' close to home.

DoctorDeath 08-30-2006 12:13 PM

Shawnee you dont need a hunting partner do ya?

dd

mblb679 09-01-2006 07:52 AM

Shawnee where do you farm in Southern Illinois and where do you hunt in McCracken? PM me if you would be cool to find people clost to home to get together and hunt shoot or hang out.

Mark

Serioushunter1 09-03-2006 09:43 AM

Not quite sure how western KY is but I have been very blessed around the Ft. Knox area. On average there are about 40 B&C taken each year in KY. DD sounds like we have stomped the same areas throughout life. Huntsville, Athens and Decatur AL, Winchester, Manchester and Huntland TN?????

DoctorDeath 09-03-2006 06:09 PM

Yepppppp thats my neck of the woods ... hunted all those areas ...I imagine we have been close to one another in the woods in years past ....

dd

shawneeslinger 09-05-2006 09:01 PM

POPE COUNTY mostly. ALthough try to do a little bow hunt in white county on my father-in-law's farm or in Edwards County on one of my dad's farms up there, but those are "home for the holiday" hunts and not very regular. I do a lot of duck hunting in Saline county. The duck hunting is about the only one I've got a green light to bring guests along, and I sure dont mind that, so if that floats your boat, give me a yell after thanksgiving.

shawneeslinger

hossofadoc 09-07-2006 09:48 AM

DD...it's got almost as many deer as AL. Actually, you will find it to be your kind of place. I'm hunting there this year for gun season, as my work takes me there for the month of Nov. The people there are southern, so it's no to much of a change from AL. If you need anymore if on it feel free to pm me. Also, visit kentuckyhunting.com, these guys are helpful also.

AKMAN 10-23-2007 04:14 PM

Did you ever find a place to g hunting. I'm from alaska and looking for the same thing . a place to hunt around Puducah only with a bow

DoctorDeath 10-23-2007 04:49 PM

I joined a club just east of Paducah ...has about 1500 acres in Livingston Co. ...... I can give you the head honcho's phone number if you need it ...just PM me ..

dd

kentucky girl 10-24-2007 06:38 PM

welcome to kentucky. I am from Lyon County just west of LBL on lake barkley, if you are a bowhunter you will love it here, long seasons and plenty of deer and turkey.Myself, hubby and children all hunt here, hubby and I usually travel west or canada to bowhunt two weeks in the fall, seems like the deer are not a challange anymore.

forget contacting casey davis at gander mt, he got booted several months ago, he now is in alabama.and he did not own part of a lodge, he was just a friend that hunted there.
good luck and shoot straight

Tammy Guess
Outdoor Writer
Herald Ledger Eddyville KY
Cadiz Record Cadiz KY