Bostick Plantation >

Bostick Plantation

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Bostick Plantation

Old 08-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Spike

Default Bostick Plantation

Anyone else ever hunt here or know anything about the place? I am considering a hunt here for my son (13 Yr old) and I for deer and hogs. Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bostick Plantation

I went with a group (think there were 17 all together) only took 4 hogs (3 hunters ,one got 2).
I probably won't go back again,the last stand I set in the metal floor was broken if you had slipped and your leg went through it you would have bleed to death before they come back and picked you up.No one else seen any hogs.I bow hunted in the bow area one evening and saw 14 hogs but couldn't get a shot,if I went back it would be to bow hunt.
We went the first of May and it was getting hot but only 4 hogs out of a group that size,think it is hunted to death,the day we left there were 9 more hunters coming in to hunt.
They sure need to spend some money and fix the stands up.Every stand we sit in had wrote on the sides "No f------king hogs " should tell you something.
May have went a different time of the year and seen all kinds of hogs,don't know.
But we did see lots of deer.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Dominant Buck

RE: Hogs at Bostic plantation - 4/10/2006 5:46:33 PM

showPicture("4/10/2006 5:46:33 PM",0,0,0,1497982,91)

Alex The Hawk

titleAndStar(2351,0,false,false,"","")
Addicted to HNI

[align=center][/align]
Yes I have hunted and guided many times to Bostic plantation, Joe Bostic is a hell of a nice feller, the accomodations are great, but I don't know that they have a geat population of Hogs , unless they have introduced some in there in the past few years.

I own 450 Acres just 2 miles from bostic and have lots of turkeys and deer but no hogs

God is Love, What are You ?.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:01 PM

This is only a hog hunting preserve and is 105 acres fenced but is very wooded not 105 acre pasture,ladder stands and some good hogs. located 50 miles south of savannah

www.southgeorgiabadboars.com
Old 08-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: gahoghntr

This is only a hog hunting preserve and is 105 acres fenced but is very wooded not 105 acre pasture,ladder stands and some good hogs. located 50 miles south of savannah

www.southgeorgiabadboars.com
Is that close to Darien?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

There is a new law in SC that won't let an operation like Bostick to release any more Hogs on it's land unless it is under fencing. I guess they were wondering off to adjacent land and doing damage. Bostick is not under fencing and therefore, like many of the SC operations, can not add to their hog population. The numbers are down and hogs are hard to find. I used a place called Grahams Turnout that had two 800 acre parcels under fencing. They just closed, but they were great. If you go hog hunting in SC, make sure that it is in a place that is fenced so you know that there are hogs. Some have a problem with the fences, but thats hog hunting.

Mike
Old 08-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

I have three friends and their kidsthat have been going to this place every Sept. for the last 12yrs.

Hunting in South Carolina for Deer, Boar and Turkey

Old 09-09-2006, 09:03 AM

this guy is down the street from me and you will trip over the hogs if your not carefull good folks to.

http://www.buckeyelodge.com/

Old 09-09-2006, 10:54 AM

REBEL HOG--have hunted at cypress creek--never saw a HOG- and the attitude shown by the Harrel's leaves a lot to be desired. if you are not an Earnhardt or important celeb the attention is missing. also they are known to lose your deer off the van that they pick you up in after dark, with no retrevial.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:32 PM

I hunted Bostick Plantation in November of 06 with several friends. It was some of the worst hunting I have ever experienced. I was disappointed from day one. After six seperate hunts my group of seven guys saw one hog (and killed it), a total of three does (all which were shot), and one legal buck (not shot).

Most of the stands were very old and in poor shape. My first day I sat in a stand that had a rusted out floor. I could not move without making a metalic squeak, I saw nothing. On other days I sat in old box stands that had a bar located behind my head so that I had to hunch over the entire time I sat. I thought I would be crippled before that hunt ended. They did have a few new totally enclosed stands, but there were not enough to go around.

I sat there the next morning and saw a cow horn, which I could not shoot (the deer must have at least four points on one side or have a 16" spread). I never saw a legal buck.

The only bucks that my group shot were under sized. Officially my friend was supposed to pay a $500 fine for each of his undersized deer. I think that there was some monkey business and the fine was avoided. This might account for the lack of deer.

I will never go back to Bostic plantation. In my opinion it has been overhunted, and underfunded. This is one cow that is being milked dry. My party felt the same. I should have taken my $1,000 and bought a new rifle for another day. I would have been much happier.

Enough of that, I am going to my hunt club with my ten year old to shoot something.

Quick Reply: Bostick Plantation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.