1 opening available in VA hunt club >

1 opening available in VA hunt club

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

1 opening available in VA hunt club

Old 08-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 1 opening available in VA hunt club

That's entirely too much for land. I'd be hitting the NF if I had to pay that much!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:44 AM

Default RE: 1 opening available in VA hunt club

That IS expensive, I gotta say, even thought I'm not a member of any hunt club, but given what I've seen as far as other clubs, they're a bit cheaper and have more land to offer. As far as quality land, well, that's another story.

I hate the thought of paying to hunt on someone's land. I've always been accustomed to public land access, because we already pay for it, and we're wasting it if we don't use it. Plus, I like the concept of the true hunting challenge in the mountains, away from people, and the whole experience - for next to nothing paid into it for land use. I know good land is hard to find, and alot of public land is hunted out, but the less we use areas like the GW and Jefferson Forests, the less access will be given over to hunters like us, and then, the only land left is private land at outrageous prices. In a way, we could be our own worst enemy.

Just had to get that off my mind - thanks for listening fellas, and I'm certainly not trying to pick any arguments on this land issue. Just venting my frustrations over a precious resource that we all want.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Spike

Wink Richardsville hunt club

Hello there. Can you tell me if they allow metal detectorists to sign up into the club? I don't wish to hunt animals, just relics. Government cleared, work for DoN. Will obey all rules; not leave trash, no smoking, no company, cover dig holes (typically 5"x5") to not leave a trace of my presence or past. Lots of bad detectorist are ruining this for the good ones, and since moving to Richardsville from Stafford, having a difficult time finding and obtaining permissions. Thank you for your time and consideration.
~Mike
Old 03-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dude... This is a 12 year old thread!!!
Old 02-04-2019, 06:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by CAPT BRAD
somebody's gettin' rich.
Them numbers just dont add up.
I'm givin' $4 an acre
we pay $2 an acre on a 1850 acre lease that is crawling with deer turkey bear and even some elk(although you can't shoot elk in wise county)plus tons of small game
Old 12-07-2021, 02:45 AM
Spike

Default Interested in membership..

Originally Posted by webmaker11
Hey guys, we have one opening available in our club. Property is located in Fauquier county, VA. 700 acres, deer hunting only. We have a total of 20 members and a no guest policy, $700 per person. The property is in the DMAP program. Let me know if your interested.
I'm interested in a membership, however Is your child considered a guest? or is family OK?