Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Fla Black Bear >

Fla Black Bear

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Fla Black Bear

Old 07-29-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Fla Black Bear

Has anyone in Fla ever seen a Bear? I seen one once in the Everglades in 1987.Have found lots of tracks in the Osceola National Forest.

Marvin

LAWTEY,FLA
Old 07-29-2006, 06:17 PM

Default RE: Fla Black Bear

Yes, i have seen plenty of them and seeing more now than ever..I have had them come up on the porch at the house..they used to come every night and eat up all the food they could get too andover the years they have killed nine of our goats..I put up a electric fence and that keeps them out..there is so much building going on that the bears come into town to eat.yup tere is way too many bears around and they need to open the season back up for hunters to thin them out..
Old 07-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Man, just drive on HWY 19 from Tarpon Springsto Homosassa and up to Crystal River. All you see is "Caution Bear Crossing". The bears in those areas are driving the people crazy. Chassowiska WMA is over run by black bears.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

i havent actually seen the bears...i have heard sounds, saw sign and made casts of the tracks, but i have not been lucky enough to see one in person......thought i saw one, but couldnt find any tracks to verify it so it doesn't count.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Spike

They say there are only abouit 25 bears in Chassahowitzka. However, the only time I scouted the place I saw one, so it makes you wonder how rare they are in that area.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:06 PM

only about 25 black bears are estimated to live in the Chassahowitzka area.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:23 PM

they estimate there are only 2000 black bears in the state now..they are not on the endangered list but are on the threatened list..
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I have seen bears in Apalachicola, Aucilla, Perry, Osceola Forrest, Chassahowitzka, Homosassa, Ocala, Stienhachee (when it was in Cross City),Temple Terrace, Fla (which is 6 miles from me) and theGlades.

When I was in my prime,I would go to the woods during hunting season for 3wks at a time 3 times during hunting season. I did this for over 15yrs. Been to every WMA in Fl.. I went to Perry and Steinhatcheefor 11yrs straight. Went to Aucilla 4yrs straight. Have been to Green Swamp andRichloom many,many times (ony 30mins from my place) and Three Lakes many times.Been in the Fl woods for over 45yrs.

Ok bro. Motor, I am old, but you have become a fossil already.Tell usyour stories bro.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Spike

Rebel Hog,
I want to be you when I grow up. I'm happy to get away for a few weekends a season.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:29 PM

yeh i been around Reb. i have hunted about 70 of my 77 years..i been hunting in Georgia for 35 years and i have hunted a lot in Indiana and of course florida..i been fortunate that in all three states i hunted on private land..I did hunt at what used to be Farmington here in Fl. but it is now private and cost $1500.00 year to hunt there.I thank God that i am still able to climb my tree stand and deer hunt..I love to hunt, fish and dip shrimp and crabs..

Quick Reply: Fla Black Bear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.