Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 NC Hunters MUST READ!!!!!! >

NC Hunters MUST READ!!!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

NC Hunters MUST READ!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 06:07 AM

Default NC Hunters MUST READ!!!!!!

Here is your chance to comment (easily) on the NC Sunday hunting law. Go to http://www.ncwildlife.org/and on the front page, there is a link to "comment on NC sunday hunting law". I know that this has been a topic for controversy for a while, so here is your chance to be heard. Please, tell everybody you know too.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NC Hunters MUST READ!!!!!!

i dont think we should have sundays available for hunting let em rest on gods day and if you get up at5 o clock 6 days in a row that sunday will be great feelin
Old 07-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

original:Oneshot7
dont think we should have sundays available for hunting let em rest on gods day and if you get up at5 o clock 6 days in a row that sunday will be great feelin
With that analogy, don't you think the fish should get a break too? I respect your opinion but Sunday hunting is simply about the choice. Do you really think that the deer are going to relax in that one day off? As far as the sleeping situation goes, if youchoose to sleep in you still can. No one will force you to hunt on Sundays if you don't want to. Think about the hunter who is only able to hunt on the weekend because of his job. Allowing Sunday hunting would begreat for this hunter.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's that kind of thinking that is killing the outdoors sportsmen. Why is it I can get smashed drunk, fish, play lottery, go to races, etc on Sunday? But the thought of spending time in the woods is a crime? What about those who work 6 days a week? Besides the seventh day of the week is Saturday, Sunday is the first day. I think I should be allowed the choice of going after church if I want, not forced upon me. We loose more hunters every year for the lack of time to hunt, so I feel that if you don't want to hunt that is your choice but don't take that choice away from me. NC is only one of 4 states that don't allow Sunday hunting of some sorts. It's time to leave those dark age ideas where they belong, in the past.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

i dont think we should have sundays available for hunting let em rest on gods day and if you get up at5 o clock 6 days in a row that sunday will be great feelin
Argument: Deer need a day to rest from the pressure of hunting.

1) There is no valid evidence from other states, that allow Sunday hunting, that the deer are “over-pressured”.
2) Deer are unaware of the days of the week. So they do not ‘know’ that this day is ‘safer’ than any other.
3) Many hunters go out on Sunday to scout, check their stands, cameras and/or feeders. The deer are not aware that the hunters are unarmed.
4) Although there is no study to site for the effects of Sunday hunting in North Carolina, conclusions can be drawn from the data in other states.
5) There is light pressure from hunting during the week because many, if not most, hunters work during the week.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was just saying that on the seventh day god rested and it yea i know sunday is the first day of the week thing bt just saying I think that nothing should be killed on a holy day but it is up to you and you can do that thiswas justmy opinion i did not reply to the link so i did not hurt anyone elses chance for hunting on sunday
Old 07-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd rather be in the woods.....thinking about life....and being "one" with my God.......

....than sitting in Church.....thinking about hunting.

Jeff
Old 07-17-2006, 01:42 PM

So out of curiosity, how many people are going to respond to the NCwildlife site? I had no idea that we were only one of four states that didnt allow hunting on Sunday. I think it sucks. Who the hell is anybody to say that we cant hunt when we want. I mean I understand the need for seasons, but the deer season down here is approx 4 months long (bow, muzzle loader, and gun) and to allow sunday hunting would only increase the season by approx 16 days. Is that really that big of a deal??!!?? I mean to the deer, I would say not, but to the hunter.......ABSOLUTLEY!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 03:22 PM

I am going to reply to it!!! i know it is a day to worship God,( a proud Christian that's been going to a christian school since k5) but after I go to Sunday School, then Church services, then go home and watch church on tv while im eating lunch with my family, I think there is nothing wrong with hunting that evening. ( I have nothing to do in the evenings after church. my church is too far away to go to the evening service. So I think it would be a good idea to hunt on Sunday. I also don't believe it would really interfere with people going to church, because going is a choice and if they truly love God I think they will put God first then hunting 2nd. Just my opinion.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:50 PM

Sampson County hunter here. In my thoughts sunday hunting should be here. There is no reasonwhy you cant hunt..harvisting wild game feeds my family. i dont make that much money and one more day to try to help feed my son and little girl would help me out. the law makers can do all kinds of rotten and sinfull things but oww dont you hunt on a sunday its wrong. dont get me wrong i love GOD with all my heart,but dont you think he want everybody that hunts to be happy to.what i am trying to say is give all hunters a chance to hunt on sunday.the gamewardens work then so give them something else to do.
sign reloader1220_270

Quick Reply: NC Hunters MUST READ!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.