Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Family of responsible hunters looking for land to lease in VA >

Family of responsible hunters looking for land to lease in VA

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Family of responsible hunters looking for land to lease in VA

Old 03-14-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Family of responsible hunters looking for land to lease in VA

We are a family of 6 who love to hunt and be responsible while doing it. Recently land we have leased for 5 years was sold and we are looking for land in Virginia to lease. We would like for it to be within 2 hour drive of Harrisonburg. We would be willing to meet with land owners at their convenience.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:19 PM

Default RE: Family of responsible hunters looking for land to lease in VA

you live in harrisonburg? would be cool to see another person from the "burg on here. have you done any hunting in the GWNF?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:06 PM

Yeah,
I have hunted in the GWNF for about 15 years.The number of deer have really declined thelast few years due to illegal hunting and coyotes. I actually killed my first deer ever in GWNF. We had some private land we leased in Nelson but it was sold. We usually bowhunted and muzzleloaded there and did rifle in the GWNF. We have also been looking into hunting WV some this year.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:24 PM

I live in Verona, VA. I have to agree, The hunting on GWNF sure has been disappointing the last couple years. I do a lot of my hunting on the Blue Ridge Parkway(permit required). In Augusta County out Churchville way there is alot of Public land but bow season is your best bet.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:21 AM

How do you get a permit for the parkway?
Old 04-05-2006, 04:55 PM

My little secret!! Actually you just have to go to a ranger station and fill out a piece of paper. It is even free!!! You can't hunt on the skyline drive side, it starts on the free side where you get on in Waynesboro. I just go to the humpback rock visitor center. You have to have your hunting liscence which they put a sticker on the back, and you vehicle registration for a parking permit. The worst part is riding to the designated spots in the morning and seeing 160" + bucks on the ride in and does at the spots. You can only hunt at certain pulloffs, but not a whole lot of people know about it. If you need any other information my email is [email protected].