Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

bears in fl

Old 02-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bears in fl

i'd do it..........i was talking to a fwc officer the other day and he was talking about the bear problem in the neighborhoods surrounding wekiva state park...we need a season.....no doubt about ti.....i've seen plenty of sign but never seena bear where i hunt, but i heard one doing that growly breathing thing they do, and it made me stay in my stand a couple hours longer than i needed too, lol....
Old 02-24-2006, 08:36 AM

I never had no urge to hunt something I didn't want to eat that could eat me. But I think they should open the season just to get them bears back in line. Start popin a few caps at them they'll get back in the woods and act like they sposed to.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Ifly

I never had no urge to hunt something I didn't want to eat that could eat me. But I think they should open the season just to get them bears back in line. Start popin a few caps at them they'll get back in the woods and act like they sposed to.
THAT has to be the most backwardarse thinking I have heard in a long time....

Ifly - do you know where the bears belong?? in the woods, yes.... but guess where all these peeps moving down here are building thier dream homes.... you guessed it... in the woods...

Developments are sprouting all over the darn place and displacing not just the bears, but other wildlife as well..... gated communities are complaining because of wildhogs routing up thier manicured lawns, destroying the golf courses.. bears and coons getting into thier trash... bobcats killing the swans/ducks/geese in the ponds... gators getting lil fifi while she is piddling outside....

The FWC needs to reinstate the bear season to CONTROL the bear populations... to use us as hunters as a management tool...not to "get them bears back in line".... heck man, those bears are just doing what bears do, why punish them.

and to those of you that think they can just "pop a cap" into a bear and be done with it.... guess what, most of the bears in FL have tracking collars or beacons on them.... once the Feds n the state boys see that a bear has stopped for a period of time, they are on it like flys on stink... just ask a couple of well known bowhunters who have a lease in SWFL about that....
Old 02-26-2006, 11:06 AM

Sewer rat..go back in your hole.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Oh THAT was intelligent.... kinda reinforces my reply to your initial post doesn't it.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:06 PM

When I read your ignorant reply to my post I knew you were either a child or had the brain of one...I've got better things to do than waste my time with you.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

slow down guys lets be civil as to bears being no good to eat i would rather have a good bear steak as anything. as to the old saying its how you cook it. i have had deer steaks that i would not have given to my dog but if you take your time and cook something right its good
Old 02-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Ifly

When I read your ignorant reply to my post I knew you were either a child or had the brain of one...I've got better things to do than waste my time with you.
Oh.. so now I am ignorant.... and have the brain of a child.. LOL now isnt this the pot calling the kettle black..

Ifly - reread my initial post... and then your responses.... rather then have an intelligent discourse on the subject you fall into name calling... and before you say that I threw the first stone, I commented on your post, not you... you chose to attack me.

Now.... when YOU grow up, maybe then we can have a conversation
Old 03-02-2006, 06:20 AM

ORIGINAL: nc bearhunter

slow down guys lets be civil as to bears being no good to eat i would rather have a good bear steak as anything. as to the old saying its how you cook it. i have had deer steaks that i would not have given to my dog but if you take your time and cook something right its good
N.C. I didn't say anything about how bear tastes..just that I have no desire to eat them.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

How bout them Dolphins....lighten up guys, we're hunters, not savages....

Quick Reply: bears in fl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.