Scout Pro Productions Needs Video Footage

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Scout Pro Productions Needs Video Footage

Old 02-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Spike

Default Scout Pro Productions Needs Video Footage

Turkey Fanatics,
I am at it again! This time with much more experience and plenty of incentive for the lucky candidates hoping to have their faces on a TV Hunting Show!
To try and make a long story short, I have become good friends with a Midland, Michigan Outdoors Videographer (Mr. Jason Brown of Jack Pine Productions) who produces and edits video footage for A-Way Outdoors Television (www.awayhunting.com). He has asked me to film turkey hunts this 2006 Season to send him for possible submission to and "air" time on an A-Way Outdoors TV Show in the near future. A-Way Outdoors TV airs on the Mens Channel for those of you who do not know. One stipulation would be to utilize "A-Way Outdoors" gear & products, such as hats, calls, etc.
I think this could be a great way to meet many of the great guys/gals who occupy this forum, as well, have your hunts filmed for free, and have a chance to be seen on a Nationally Broadcast hunting show! Sounds like a "win-win" situation for everyone.
Candidates must have a better than average population of turkeys on his/her hunting grounds. Lets face it, if there is no kill shot, your piece of footage will not be sent. That is just the way it goes.
I would also like to mention that all parties involved will receive a DVD that I will edit and produce myself of all the successful hunts from the 2006 Spring Season.

Email me with your inquires for further information, etc. at: [email protected]. You can also visit my Videography Website at: www.scoutprovideo.com
It's Turkey Time.....lets have fun, chase turkeys, ane get filmed doing it!

Old 02-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scout Pro Productions Needs Video Footage

You don't mention compensation .
Since a release to use my likeness and possibly name would undoubtedly be required of me , just as you would any actor or model , I should be able to expect some reasonable compensation for my time and efforts just as you will when you sell that footage . I can provide various settings , all filled with gorgeous farmland Eastern turkeys . I would be willing to use/display A-Way products(I love and use their Bow Grunter for deer BTW) . I will only hunt under fair chase conditions though , absolutely no "Houstoning" permitted .

How much are you offering to pay to tape my hunt ?
BTW , the turkey hunting forum would be far more appropriate for this post , or possibly the classifieds .
Old 02-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Spike

Kevin1,

Any footage shot will not be sold. It is not my intent to sell the footage. My conatct simply proposed that if I acquire enough footage that it will be used in an upcoming segment on A-Way Outdoors TV. I can speak for my contact, his honesty and reputation speak for itself.
As far as compensation, I will be receiving the credit for capturing the video, in which is a critical need for intro professional freelance outdoor videographers. That is what I will gain. What will you gain? Recognition as well on the video as the successful hunter and DVD compiled by me of all the 2006 Spring hunts I film.
This is a chance for me to gain more experience behind the lens and have a fun time doing it as well. And who knows...you may acquire a "new" good friend in the process.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:12 PM

Scout Pro,
Are you a member to any organized writing or photography groups.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Spike

I am currently a member of NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals). I attend many seminars each year and stay as active as I can in both Videography & Photography technologies.

Although I am not in any writing groups, etc. I write extremely well and would very much jump at the chance to write professionally on outdoor topics, etc. I have started writing a short story based losely on the book "The Old Man & the Boy," by Robert Rourke. My story is about a young boy and an old manwho connect in a very positive way. The story is based in the 50's in a small rural town in Mississippi. Both learn many things from each other through the great sport of hunting and the outdoors in general.

Why do you ask?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:58 AM

I looked at your site, and was impressed with most of your work. I am a member to the Outdoor Writers Assocation of America. I was just wondering if you wrote.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Spike

I see. What weren't you impressed with at my site? How do I go about becomming a member of the Outdoor Writers Assocation of America? How does it benefit me?

Thanks for you comments.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:20 PM

Scout,

We have quite a few RIO's, the latst group we were watching was approx. 165 birds. We also have severalhunters coming out this spring. Ley me know what you had in mind.

Phil
REO
Old 02-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Spike

Red Earth,

Thanks for your response. I would love to come up that way. This Spring however I am confined to Louisiana & Mississippi. Where about do you hunt?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:55 PM

We are in Perry, OK. Center of the state...50 miles south of Kansas.

Phil

Quick Reply: Scout Pro Productions Needs Video Footage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.