Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Tennessee Outdoors? >

Tennessee Outdoors?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Tennessee Outdoors?

Old 01-27-2006, 11:46 AM

Default Tennessee Outdoors?

I might have a job opportunity in Nashville TN in the near future. I've been to Nashville a few times on business and alway enjoyed my visits. I have relatives within a reasonable drive in Kentucky and Georgia, so that helps too. I'm curious as to the area's hunting and fishing opportunities.

For those of you who live or have lived in the area, please share your thoughts.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tennessee Outdoors?

You don't even know. I was stationed at Ft Campbell, by Clarksville TN. Try to hunt on post or go out to Land Between the Lakes. The bass and crappie , and cats are all nice size and a lot of them. Deer hunting I have not seen so many deer in my life and I grew up in WI, too. Ft Campbell has a lot of big deer, a lot. They split up the land into units and only let a certain amount of hunters hunt there. Lets say you have 6500 acres. Only 12 to 15 hunters allowed to hunt there in one day. And they rotate the units open closed through out the year. You can use shotgun from sept to jan. There is also bow only areas. the pic below is my best bow buck fromFt Campbell. I've seen lots bigger. Trust me worth the trip. If ever make it to either of these places IM me. I'll give ya some good lakes to fish and some honey hole hunting areas!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry pic didn't work. He s a nice 8pt that scores 138 P&Y.5 1/2 inch bases, 24 inch main beams!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK I got the pic to work. You should check out the deer shot there.

http://www.fortcampbellmwr.com/Recreation/HuntingFishing/

Old 02-08-2006, 09:16 AM

That's a nice looking buck. Thanks for the info. I hope to be over in Nashville soon for the next stage of the hiring process.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:04 AM

Just moved here myself. Hope to cash in on the wildlife bounty. Found some more Tenn. hunters on the sister site.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1421592

Old 02-16-2006, 04:42 AM

Concur with the Fort Campbell suggestion. My deer (173 4/8 B&C), shown here on the right, was taken on Fort Campbell in Nov 2004. The picture is from the TN Deer and Turkey Expo last summer. The scorer and TN game warden is holding the mount.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

What unit did you shoot him out of. Don't worry I'm in Italy. Just wondering. That is an awsome buck.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:25 PM

Area 21, but that don't matter. Every area is as good as another.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

i live in east tn and i was wondering if anybody knows wherea good spot to hunt hogs is. thanks alot.

Quick Reply: Tennessee Outdoors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.