To Green Swamp Hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

To Green Swamp Hunters

Old 01-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Default To Green Swamp Hunters

Hey Guys,
We may want to consider meeting for breakfast sometime. I'm sure we all live kind of close to Polk County. Be kind of fun....and don't worry no one will try to talk you in to sharing your hot spots

Chuck7
Old 01-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To Green Swamp Hunters

i heard there was a possible state record shot in green swamp within the last day or so. the buck is suppose to be at southern wildlife taxidermy in yalaha near okahumpka. if anyone can confirm this, let me know!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i haven't heard anything about a deer like that camo but i do know the taxidermist you're talking about. if i head out to pat's i'm sure they might be able to help with that.

back to the origional post i think it'ld be pretty cool to do something like that chuck. if not breakfast maybe lunch(don't have to wake up as early)
Old 01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah ...I would like that very much. Any Sat. or Sunday afternoon would be fine with me.
Chuck7
Old 01-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Gosh ...I hope It wasn't the one I saw. There were 3 other hunters there. I counted the flashlights and beer cans.
Chuck7
Old 01-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey chuck speaking of green swamp how does bowhunting work there. does it all work on a quota permit basis or what???
Old 01-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Matt,
Your name is easy to remember because my oldest son is Matt.

1. I got some info about the turkey hunting. I have a place for us to check out together. It's closer to 471. We will check it out as the season draws nigh.

2. Bow is easy. It's Fri- Sun. You just simply show up, get your orange piece of paper at the gate and hunt. There is no special quota here. We can hunt in my area if you want. However; the place where we will be hunting turkeys is usually where everyone scores on deer and hogs as well. I just don't like driving that far. However; the days you are going I 'll do it. I plan to hunt out of state next Oct. and Nov. But I will bow hunt the first 3 weekends and turkey with ya too. We can scout alot during turkey. Where boots made fo rwater during turkey. We will be near the river.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like i good idea chuck. can you get the permits on the road coming from 471 for the bowhunting???

about the boots i've gotten my feet wet enough so now i pretty much always wear snake boots. in richloam my feet have still gotten a little wet before.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes ..the gates act the same way. Strut on her ebought me a pair of La Crosse hunting boots, My feet stay dry. They are simply rubber boots that are tough. I wear 2 pairs of socks to keep my feet from sliding. I didn't think I'd like them but i love them. My are solid green though. Something else he bought me...the flashlight that stays on your head. Keeps both hands free

Old 01-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have both a streamlight and a head mounted led light. they're very nice. the headlamp has a subdued red and a seriously bright white light. it's really nice and i got it on sale.

Quick Reply: To Green Swamp Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.