Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Cousin's first deer (Okla. 16 pt.) >

Cousin's first deer (Okla. 16 pt.)

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cousin's first deer (Okla. 16 pt.)

Old 11-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default Cousin's first deer (Okla. 16 pt.)

Here is a good story and another hunter hooked for life. My 15 year old cousin shot his first deer this weekend. His parents don't hunt, so my uncles, other cousins, and my family all take turns taking him to the woods. He loves hunting and enjoys going with all of us. Saturday he was sitting with my dad on our place and a monster comes down the draw in front of their stand. Keep in mind, he has never even shot at a deer. It keeps walking while my dad is trying to get to stop by grunting at him. It finally stops at 180 yards and my cousin takes a shot and puts a perfect heart shot on him. It was a 16 point monster that green scored 184 1/8" non-typical. Makes another big deer on the wall from our place. Here are a couple of pics of the deer he shot. Sorry, they aren't in the field, those pics haven't been developed yet. I thought he would score 160-165" but he will fool you. We scored him several times and got close to the same score every time. He is a 160" main frame 10 point with 24 inches of abnormal points. It will be hard for him to beat this one!!

Here is a pic from some of the deer we have taken off the same place in the last 8 years. Not bad for a bunch of Okie deer. We are starting to get a pretty good wall built up. I hope our good fortune continues for years to come.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cousin's first deer (Okla. 16 pt.)

Thats a heck of a 1st deer. I bet he is spoiled now. Those are some pretty big bucks. What are yal feeding them. How has your season gone so far Millertime
Old 12-01-2005, 03:34 PM

Those are SWEEEEEETThey don't grow like that around here[:@]
Old 12-01-2005, 03:56 PM

Thats an excellent first deer but i bet he will have a hard time to beat that for his biggest buck. Congrads!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buckmasterflex

Thats a heck of a 1st deer. I bet he is spoiled now. Those are some pretty big bucks. What are yal feeding them. How has your season gone so far Millertime
Well, I haven't been hunting near as much as I would like b/c of a new job McAlester, but all in all ithas been a pretty good season. I haven't seen any mature bucks this season while hunting, but I have seen probably 10-12 different 2 1/2 year old and younger bucks while in the stand. There were about 3 real good looking 2 1/2 year olds that will be good one's in a year or two. Just hope they stay around and no one shoots them. The only deer I shot was a doe last Saturday. I was kinda proud of it because I shot it with a .44 mag pistol w/open sights. I have been wanting to shoot a deer with that pistol for the last 3 years and finally did it.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Real nice buck! Congrat's to him!
Old 12-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

what a first........congrats to him..there's alot of real nice deer on that wall of yours......
Old 12-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

great deer
Old 12-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Really nice first buck. congrats to him!
Old 12-06-2005, 02:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Awesome , Wonderful deer. Congratulations!!!

Quick Reply: Cousin's first deer (Okla. 16 pt.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.