Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

rut??????

Old 11-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rut??????

well i didnt see a thing but a young doe.i hunted 2 real productive areas and just her....i did see that the scrapes were touched up, but that was it.. 3 deer and a hog taken on sunday out of 100 hunters, not real good odds for a so called rutting moon......i know they were rutting in sept/nov. , i don't believe i'll see any evidence of a rut in jan. like that one site said was for central florida...we'll see , i'll be hunting every week until season is over...
Old 11-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

As I type this, I think Va. is winding down. Ishot a pretty nice 10 FRI aftre Thanksgiving and he was eating.
I did however see a bunch of does running like they were being chased. I saw another big deer after them but couldn't see if he was a buck or not

Brad
Old 11-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Well here in North Carolina, Hunted all weekend and Monday of this week. Saw 4 does and a half rack. His neck wasn't even swelled up. Rubs are being used a little more but not as much as other years past yet. I STILL say: Here in NC the rut is a week or two away as everyone around these parts are seeing no deer much and no chasing either. We haven't missed it, it just hasn't happened yet. Oh well, I'll keep on keeping on I guess.
BuddyBo
Old 11-28-2005, 08:07 PM

my friends as of 11/19/05 the deer where in rut here in ky we had a week of very cold weather, some nights down in the teens already, heres a 8 pointer ive takin this rifle season in lee county ky on papaw"s farm. i blown on a doe in heat bleat call three times before this big boy came up the hill in a hurry his head to the ground and lifting his head every so often to smell.. he came in to 20 yards, of me i wished i had my camcorder with me to show how he had his lip over his nose has he came up the bank .. but here the pic i hope you enjoy it.. thanks for looking and for any replys..

Old 11-29-2005, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is a nice buck