Any scrapes in VA yet? >

Any scrapes in VA yet?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Any scrapes in VA yet?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Spike

Default Any scrapes in VA yet?

I havent found any... just rubs... (Winchester Area).
Anyone find any?

Old 10-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Spike

Default RE: Any scrapes in VA yet?

Yea chucker as a matter of fact i went out yesterday and located two nice scrapes. Also several nice rubs in all directions of the scrapes. Im going to set my good friend up on that scrape line for the opening day of black powder season. Hopefully he will get a shot at him. This is down in williamsburg. Good luck this season. I killed this deer last year in the same spot.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Spike

Eastern... Nice Rack!
I am going to take off Friday and sit on a large group of does. There is a nice new rub line along their trail. I went by yesterday and didnt see any scrapes. I am wondering why that is? The first frost is going to be this week sometime... might get em going.
Eastern are you on private land? Really nice buck!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen it all, rubs scrapes, and even the deer making them. I watched a massive buck a week ago just go off on some trees, it was pretty amazing. I haven't seen the amount of big bucks before that I am seeing this year, I have only seen one three does, it seems like everything I see has a rack and atleast 8 points. It's been hard not taking a shot at them with the bow, but I want to make sure I have the perfect shot for a clean kill. Hopefully I can kill two wall hangers this season, I know they are there and I've seen themmultiple days now, this is going to be a exciting season!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

While scouting recently, I saw 2 fresh scrapes. I'm in Suffolk, a little further south and east of Williamsburg.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Spike

chucker im on private land. however its only 11 acres im hunting. A friend of mine killed a 12 ptr on public WMA land in Charles City. The only differance was his rack wasnt as wide but was taller and more typical. As you can see this deer lost a brow tine...........Jackalope is in the spot though Suffolk...DO you hunt the dismal swamp jackalope?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scrapes? No real ones... The only scrape I know of is the mock scrape that I made in Cumberland State Forest!

Edit: BTW... Awesome buck, Easternva!!!! Nice rack!!! [8D]
Old 10-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Spike

I was thinking of setting up a mock scrape on friday. I am taking off work doing an all day event then if no luck return for Sat. for an all dayer! But since this cold snap went came in and snow above 1700 feet, and the first full moon comin in a couple of days... they might start! I will be clankin my horns (antlers) in the AM!
Old 10-27-2005, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Eastern va

...DO you hunt the dismal swamp jackalope?
Yes! As a matter of fact I've been hunting it all October around the Jericho ditch area. I'm going tommorow (Friday) and Saturday as well. It's nice because we can harvest bucks or does - and I love the peace and quiet.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:50 AM

Plenty of rubs, and last Saturday I noticed a fresh scrape about 15 yards directly in front of one of the stands I've been hunting off and on all season. Needless to say, I will sit that stand a little more often during blackpowder. Location is in Emporia (private land).

Quick Reply: Any scrapes in VA yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.