Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Jacksonville Fl hunting >

Jacksonville Fl hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Jacksonville Fl hunting

Old 10-02-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Jacksonville Fl hunting

Hey guys, I am new to the site and fairly new to florida. I was hoping I could get some tips on northeast florida duck hunting and bow hunting. Im really pretty clueless to the way thinkgs work around here. Any help is much appreicated.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jacksonville Fl hunting

i lived in jacksonville for 9 years but i honestly couldn't help you. the closest place that i ever went hunting, in relation to jacksonville would be over in backer county. i do know some people that have a lease near st. augustine. i really can't help you though with the duck hunting.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:26 PM

Camp Blanding has walkin only bow hunting areas that open the same time as general gun season. Quiet a few people from Jacksonville hunt it.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:58 AM

I'll be hunting Camp Blanding some this year for general gun season. Its quite a large WMA but some of it is closed off for National Security reasons. Go to www.myFWC.com and you can find a lot of info on it and other WMA's in FL.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:48 PM

I'm in Jacksonville (first time hunting here) and pulled a Guana River bow hunt for the second week (21 oct weekend). I plan on hunting Camp blanding (both gun and bow...mostly bow if luck plays out).
Are you in the military...if so, for $20 you can get a license that covers all you need to hunt...with the exception of any quota hunts, which you can apply for.
Where are you living? Maybe we can hook up sometime and work it as a team or something...
Tim
Old 10-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

i am from st augustine and hunted the area all my life a good area is ocala national forest near salt springs about 1 1/2 hrs from you there is dog hunting but big areas for still hunt only and plenty of deer. guana area is still pretty good for hogs and deer south end of the area is best. some of the best areas around for duck is in dixie county about 3 hrs from jax near horseshoe beach in the jena wma check the maps from the state jena also has good hog hunting and deer
Old 10-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

I also live in Jax & do alot of bow & duck hunting & Guana is pretty good for both. I've been told PCS is the place to be for ducks & will give it a try this year. What part of town are you located?
Old 10-09-2005, 06:40 AM

Hey guys, Thanks for all the responses. I am living in south Jax beach right now so Guana is pretty close for me. Heres what I was wondering. I have been fishing on Guana quite a bit but I can think of where someone would go bow hunting. Do you drive past the damn? Also, does Guana have any rules about stump shooting? I would like to practice with my bow somwhere out in the woods. Thanks again.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Yes just keep driving right over the damm. You can call Guana with any questions 904-825-6877 ask for Justin he is the wildlife biologist for the area.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Spike

For the last three years I've been hunting in a WMA called Blue Water Creek and it has the largest deer herd in Florida. There are food plots all over the 21,000+ acre area and the whole area has dirt roads running through it that make hunting any particularspot easy to get to. It's located in West Florida about 5 hours from where you are more or less and you need a recreational permit to access it that costs about $200.

Quick Reply: Jacksonville Fl hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.