Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 HUNTING IN VA. ON SUNDAY >

HUNTING IN VA. ON SUNDAY

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

HUNTING IN VA. ON SUNDAY

Old 06-26-2005, 09:16 AM

Default HUNTING IN VA. ON SUNDAY

Hey , Wanted to see if anybody knew the satus on this issue , and what can be done by Virginia Hunters to push this threw . Thanks BD
Old 06-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HUNTING IN VA. ON SUNDAY

Buckdiesel,

From what I remember, the petition that was spearheaded by that guy named Darrell, was submitted and went all the way up through the House. It had a House Bill for Virginia and was voted on, and they ended up "tabling" it - which if I recall correctly, that just means, they tossed it aside and will deal with it next year (which is now this year).
My own opinion? It is going to take an act of God to get VA to allow Sunday hunting!! [:@]

Butch A.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Personally , I think you guys are getting robbed , only about 4 states don't allow Sunday hunting , and you wouldn't believe how much your F&G dept. is losing by not allowing it just in lost license sales . When you also consider your deer densities too it just doesn't make sense .
Old 06-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kevin,

The NRA has a huge article in the latest "American Hunter" magazine about Sunday hunting. They were mentioning about how PA is fighting it with a House Bill and stuff. Way to go PA! [8D]

It absolutely DOES NOT make any sense to me. It never will... [:@] You can do anything under the sun on a Sunday, but hunt. Do the fish get a break in the lakes and ponds? No! Why do they think game animals need a break?
Puh-leeze.... I don't to get started and all riled up again....

Butch

P.S. Here is a US map showing all the states with Sunday hunting:
Old 06-27-2005, 10:19 AM

Hey Diesel, I dont know where you live at the beach but i have contacted both Ken Stolle and John Welch's (My supposed representatives in Richmond) offices with no response. Maybe if you called them or sent them a letter about this like I did they would start to see that the voters want this. Ken Stolle calls himself a "sportsman" but if doesnt vote the way I want him to on this I won't vote the way he wants me to on his reelection day. I've already told this to him via mail. Which is probably why I have'nt gotten a reply.

But at least now I know I'm not the only one in town that thinks this way!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:45 AM

I like the no hunting on Sunday because it extends our season longer (Maybe a week or so) especially during Waterfowl season when the seasons are based on days to hunt (I am not sure if that is how deer season is planned)longer seasonallows the season to extend into January when we have colder "Better" weather and more birds. Also by not hunting on Sunday, I would use it as a travel day or a day to Butcher and I think itgives the game time to settle down especially if they are hound hunted. Sorry but I have never had a problem with it.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:46 AM

OK i did a little more lookin into things.. Stolle is the patron of SB175 which would allow sunday hunting between noon and 30 min after sunset. so hopefully that will get voted on and passed this year instead of pushed off till 06 or 07
Old 06-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just curious, is this all hunting or just deer hunting.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

i dont think it wiill ever change. the deer dont know what day it is, so why does it matter. i would like a choice to hunt or not on sunday. that does not mean that i would hunt every sunday--i just want a choice.

the vba voted "NO" to sunday hunting a few years ago. thats when i didnt renew with them. im glad that we can now have a choice to use a xbow during archery season. screw vba. they got what they deserved.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser
Just curious, is this all hunting or just deer hunting.
It's everything.... All game seasons... All species.... Just like in PA, NJ, ME, MA, and others, we here in VA have the idiotic NO hunting on Sundays. [:@]

Butch A.

P.S. And sometimes VA wonders why they have a poaching problem... Some dude probably secretly goes out on a Sunday and goes bowhunting.

Quick Reply: HUNTING IN VA. ON SUNDAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.