Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 South AR hunting >

South AR hunting

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

South AR hunting

Old 05-17-2005, 01:08 PM

Default South AR hunting

I'm moving fairly soon to Texarkana...I heard the hunting in south AR is really good and I was wanting to know if any of you do your hunting down there and can give some pointers and a heads up. I live in Central AR right now-is there a big difference in the wildlife habits etc?
Thanks~
Old 05-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: South AR hunting

i hunted the el dorado, magnolia area for 15 years, before moving to kingsland. a lot of pine plantations down that way, not very much public land to hunt on. you just about have to join a club to find anywhere to hunt that's not wall to wall hunters. there are also lots of clear cuts now. plum creek bought georgia pacific woodlands and they are cutting everything! putting it in a 30 year rotation-clear cut, replant-clear cut. texas side is even harder to hunt without belonging to a club, as per my brother who lived at new boston.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:13 PM

What will you be hunting? There are alot of Pine,Pecan, & Acorn Trees in Texarkana. What part of Central AR are you moving from? There is a lot of good hunting around Texarkana also on the Texas side and Ar side.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll go hunting with ya
Old 06-07-2005, 08:18 PM

I accept.lol Just name the time and date and I'll pick the place.

Thanks to all who have sent the PM's about South AR hunting-its really appreciated.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sound good, next deer season, texas, you, myself, john, and anyone else who wants to come
Old 07-11-2005, 04:30 PM

I live in Texarkana and there are some pretty good hunting spots around. I have hunted on some of their public land the last 2 years and have seen quite a few deer. Only 2 nice bucks (8 or better). There are plenty of places to hunt, you just have to know people who can get you in to the areas. If you need any help, let me know... [email protected]
Old 07-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I partially grew up around Texarkana (my parents were divorced and my father lived there). On the Arkansas side on 82 heading toward Garland is some good areas. There are some ranchs that are out there that I used to hunt on before they changed hands. We used to hunt up near the McKinney Bayou area also (deer, squirrel). There are some areas north of Texarkana, again ranch land, close to the Red River where we used to duck hunt. I'm sorry I don't have much information, my father died nine years ago, and I don't know who owns land anymore up there. Good luck!