Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Rabbit Hunting

Old 02-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rabbit Hunting

Has anyone ever went rabbit hunting with a bow? I think that I am going to try it this summer. If anyone has any information on the best way to stalk one let me know.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rabbit Hunting

My brother-in-law has shot rabbits with his bow while deer hunting.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would try it if I were you. It is so fun! I am only 15 and started getting bored with shooting rabbits around my house and over my beagles so I brought out the bow this year.It was a great time. I killed two this year and missed 4. I was very happy though. If I were you I would do it right now during the winter not wait until spring. The snow lets you see them easily (if you have snow) and they seem to be less pressured around here. Unless you have been running them with beagles. Then it is a challenge! But just look for thicker areas where they can feed. One thing though, shot selection is very difficult! Good luck, - Buckhunter14
Old 02-09-2005, 03:28 PM

oh boy, I've gotta try this now!!!!

whats you guys using...judo points, blunts, just field points ???
Old 02-09-2005, 06:16 PM

When I was younger I used to take 'em with target heads and a 40 lbs recurve, lol. I don't think you'll have any problem killing rabbits with your deer archery equipment. Though mechanical and razor-tipped heads are a bit overkill. You'll lose more meat than using a shotgun, lol.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Bets that heads that I have found to shot is the 3 in bird points or the big rubber blunts.I shot hairs and jacks.The bird point is the best in the snow the arrow allways sticks up in the air if you miss[all though I have never saw this I have been told] hehe

I is very fun if you have a group go.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've taken a few so far with my bow. The are where i am at, its mainly in the open but with some spots of brush. I'll just park further down, and stalk by foot. When i get into the brush area, i'll walk around in hopes to flush one out and hit it running. I got one like that but wasn't a real far shot; was a clean kill so i was happy.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

Well during deer Archery season I was in my stand getting bored and spotted a rabbit about 15 yards away so I decided to see if I could hit him and about the time I pulled back here come the deer. So I didn't end up shooting. So I guess I will try it, it has always sounded like fun for me.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's good practice during the off season from deer hunting!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:21 PM

I have been rabit hunting with a bow it was fun for the challenge but didnt get one?

Quick Reply: Rabbit Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.