Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Show me yours

Old 01-17-2005, 10:28 PM

Default RE: Show me yours

Too much is not enough!!!Where and for how much could I lay into an M82A1 such as yours!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is mine, along with 3 bunnies that weren't fortunate enough to hide enough from my 45 grain Speer SPT handloads. I could have gotten many more on this June 04 hunt, but I was trying two different handloads, and there was a problem with the other handload, locked the case in my chamber, and I forgot my cleaning rod at home[:@]. Good thing I was on another project, or that would have been a really expensive trip!! BTW- it is an H&R Handi-Rifle in .223 with a Leupold VX-1 on top.

Old 01-29-2005, 11:40 AM

Awesome looking guns.
I can't do any pictures right now but I do have a question for all you guys with suppressors. I bought my son a Remington youth model 7 in .243. With the short barrel, this gun is extremely loud. Is there any way to legally suppress this. I'm not looking for total silence, just a little will help. Ear plugs are not enough.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:02 PM

this is my H&R survivor 223 with 22 inch bull barrel and 6.5-20x 50mm scope one heck of a tack driver.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:07 AM

To answer the question on suppressor usage. In most places these days it is not legal to hunt game animals with a suppressor attached to the weapon so be sure to check your game regulations before ever doing such a thing. Owning the suppressor is legal as long as you go through the appropriate channels and gain the licenses, assuming it is legal in your area to do so. It is not legal to attempt to reduce the sound level of the weapons by the use of any means of weapon attachment without going through these appropriate channels. You can check the BATF regulations on this.

The use of ear plugs and the addition of ear muffs should do the trick without all the hassle. I shoot a Thomson Center Encore with a 15 inch barrell with the use of ear muffs and the shot sound is not bad at all.

Greg
Old 02-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have any pictures of my toys yet but i wanted to say there are some good pictures of the toys you all have
Old 02-03-2005, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

I don't have any pictures of my toys yet but i wanted to say there are some good pictures of the toys you all have
Guns are NOT toys![:@]
Old 02-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

me either id like to post some maybe i will when i get the scope on the 222
Old 02-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol it was a figure of speech Zak