Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Best Pellet for squirrel and rabbit?

Old 12-16-2004, 04:36 AM

Default RE: Best Pellet for squirrel and rabbit?

Gopher slayer, now how about a coon? Will it kill a coon?
Old 12-16-2004, 01:48 PM

I have a Gamo Shadow Hunter. Im not the person that brags but its better than any of the ones posted so far. I spent 200 on it. It has a .22 scope on it. With 1000 FPS 8 grain gamo wadcutters can constenly put a group of pellets in the size of a dime at 20 yards. I have killed about 20 squirrel with it.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:32 PM

I've used Beeman Silver Bear .177 pellets in my Beeman air rifle with good success on small game and have also used the Beeman Wadcutter's when that's all that was available. Of course what ever pellet shoots accuratly out of you air gun will be the best choice.

Good luck
Old 12-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gamo .177 caliber with hollow point pellets. works awesome for me as long as you got an accurate gun!
Old 12-23-2004, 04:47 PM

i have a gamo that shoots 495fps i use 177 cal crossman wadcutters 1 shot does the trick for rabbits...kills squirrels wit ease....shot this guy yesterday with my gamo

Old 12-23-2004, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: JoeinNY

i have seen a coon shot with a pellet fun took a few shots maybe 10 lol i wouldnt recommend doing it again
Old 12-23-2004, 09:07 PM

the timestamp is back a month and i dont know how to fix it if u know how could u tell me...its a its a kodakeasy share cx7430
Old 12-24-2004, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

From my experience all pellets will kill either, but I have found a wad cutter to put them down faster. I found pointed pellets to over penetrate and exit the animal you want the pellet to stop in the animal and nothing better for that would be a wad cutter. But also my experience is with a benjamin sheridan in 177 cal, I dont know what you have but if its a 177 cal and has a muzzle velocity lower then 750 fps then you may want to go with either domed or pointed pellets. also stay away from daisy pellets they are too light in weight to be an effective small game pellet for longer shots in excess of 25 yards use either RWS,Beeman, and Crosman with those three in wad cutters ive killed squirrel asfar as 50 yards. good luck
Old 12-24-2004, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I killed a coon once with my .177 cal benjamin sheridan, I shot it between the eyes from about 10 yards
Old 12-24-2004, 06:17 PM

My info did not come from an article. I was an active member of an airgun forum for quite some time. I have heard a lot of talk about the "best" type of pellet.

I am not saying that wadcutters are the most accurate fo your gun, I'm just saying that is the best choice out of pointed, dome, hollow point, and wadcutter. Wadcutter pellets are extremely accurate pellets. They do not plane in the air like a pointed pellet. If you can get a hollow point to fly good, then its a great pellet. The only problem is it tears the game up.

Quick Reply: Best Pellet for squirrel and rabbit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.