Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

what are the odds

Old 12-13-2004, 06:22 PM

Default what are the odds

Me and my buddy were out calling coyotes on the weekend and had one come into the call, but unfortunatly we didn't shoot as good as we called. Needless to say two shots were fired and the yote got away unharmed. My question is will this yote come to a call again?
Old 12-13-2004, 06:39 PM

Default RE: what are the odds

It will be alot harder than it was the first time calling him in again. Every coyote out there has been called to with every type of call if you think about it. You aren't the only one calling to the and hunting them. Better Luck next time!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Change sounds and location, don't sit in the same spot, and wait a couple of weeks, and it may respond again. Or you could really change things up and use a howler only! Another thing is to wait until it gets unpleasantly cold, and then try again. When it gets cold and stays cold for a long period, coyotes have to eat more and eat more often, so they generally respond better then.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Everytime you miss one, they get a little harder to call next time. I'd give him some time to forget, and then try something different on him.