Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyotes in the rain?

Old 11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Spike

Default Coyotes in the rain?

I live on my father-in-laws farm and Sun and Mon we lost two lambs by coyotes. Today it's raining, will the coyotes be out in the rain?
Old 11-30-2004, 06:43 PM

Default RE: Coyotes in the rain?

I shot many a coyote in the rain. As long as it's not a torrential down pour, they'll be out. Just like you, they don't like the rain either, and will stay holed up, or bed down into the thick underbrush to get out of the rain. My friends first coyote, and hunt was in the rain. He was disappointed when we got up in the morning, because of the rain from the night before. And the rain we had when we left. After we set up and started calling, the yote came into the call within 5 min. One of the shorter hunts I've been on. We left after that. Because he was so excited, and wanted to call his brother and wife, and tell them about the hunt. But I did convince him to at least settle down and I would take a few pic's of him and his first yote.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:46 AM

Default RE: Coyotes in the rain?

Just like coyote caller i've shot a few foxes in the rain, light misty rain though. I've sqeaked most of them out of ditches where i guess they have been laid up. Try it, you might be lucky! Good luck!