Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

More pics from BHW

Old 09-06-2004, 08:47 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Default More pics from BHW

Gang,

More tough hunting this weekend! Did not see the number of squirrels I typically do on an opener... As pix show, I had to resort to crows and even they were scarce. 2 came in and 1 went down! The squirrel rifle is a Ruger 77/22 shooting Winchester Power Points.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:58 PM

Default RE: More pics from BHW

WoW..............ummmm you want ot be on mine and KoBears team

Keep on posting some nice picks
Old 09-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are those fox squirrels? Ours dont seem to be such a bright red as those are?
Old 09-09-2004, 01:07 PM

I agree...when i first glanced at them i though you had shot some beani babies
Old 09-09-2004, 01:10 PM

What team are you on?
Old 09-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Considering the size I'd say the two in his right hand are red squirrels (red squirrels are smaller then grey) and the other is a grey squirrel... possibly a fox squirrel but I doubt it.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:56 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Guys,

The 2 in the one hand are red squirrels. the others are grays, but look at the different markings. one has white under belly and one looks dark. at first I though he was a fox squirrel, but I've never seen one here before in this area.

BHW
Old 09-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

bhw that squirrel in the right of the first pic is identical to the one i have at the taxidermist.....i shot a ton of grays and your right....the bellys and such are ALWAYS white....not brown like that.......and dad shot 10000s of tree rats and told me hes never seen one like the one i brought home that day....so i took it to get put on the wall......i had posts about trying to see if anyone here seen or killed one marked like that and got nothing...but had no pics.......i think maybe its a fox gray mix?? but not sure.......it definently looks cool.....and mines going on the wall....dad shot tons of squirrels and if he says he never seen one like that i know its not an every day thing.....for around here atleast.....so he will be on my wall.......nice tree rats......i like the little reds!! nice lookin squirrels!! good job......what did you do with the big gray? you may want to hang on to it and see how rare they are.....i put mine in the freezer in some bags and it kept fine...didnt gut it or anything........it was fine.....the taxidermist was surprised i shot it in oct and took it to him in feb.....i couldnt decide whether i wanted to pay 140 for it....do it myself(attempt to) or just forget about it.......but i decided it was too nice looking to goto waste.......cant wait to get it back!! i wonder what they are.....
Old 09-10-2004, 04:52 AM
Spike

wow, i wish we had greys around here, those things are HUGE, we just have little Red Squirrels and chipmunks!!
Old 09-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

around here the greys are medium...our big fox squirrels are usually bigger then most greys....its hard to find reds......i see a few here and there.....i took a ton of squirrels and only one has been a red....i passed on a few when i first started trying to impress dad by shooting the big ones lol....he saw them (we sit on a ridge by eachother watching the oaks) and he always asked why i let them go lol....i love to squirrel hunt.....seems noone around here cares to hunt them...i think its a blast.....and i get alot of good deer and turkey scouting it at the same time.......

Quick Reply: More pics from BHW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.