Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Squirrel Call?

Old 08-13-2004, 12:00 AM

Default Squirrel Call?

Lohman And H.S I Think Has One. Thinking Of Getting One In Morning...Do They Work?
Old 08-13-2004, 09:22 AM

Default RE: Squirrel Call?

You will save yourself a lot of money if you just rub two quarters together. If you want to be really cheap, rub two nickles together.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:18 PM

Last night I bought the Knight and Hale 4-1 one call. It is only 10 bucks and comes with an instructional tape.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

I just got a Primos squirrel buster 4-1 call. Hopefully it works well. I'll know in a couple of months when the season starts. It also came with a audio tape.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will save yourself a lot of money if you just rub two quarters together. If you want to be really cheap, rub two nickles together.
thats exactly what I do works great, or if you want to get really technical a fm radio makes a great squirrel call Ive used that trick a few times and works good too lol the best of both worlds listening to the ball game and squirrel hunting at the same time. See a squirrel is a curious animal and you can use its curiousity against it and foreign sounds in the woods will get a squirrels attention and you can trust the squirrel to come and investigate. If you ever noticed why it seems sometimes the squirrels are watching you while deer hunting is because they are they are investigating to figure out what you are or what you are doing. squirrel hunting is so simple thats why it is great for getting kids started in hunting, why make something so easy into something difficult?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't really describe it, but I do a squirrel call by mouth, and it works ok. I trap air between my upper cheek and gum, then hit my cheek with my knuckle to squeeze the air out in short chirps.