Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Saw a coyote today...

Old 05-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Saw a coyote today...

...on the way to work. It was about 20' from the roadside, just on the edge of the woods. It just stood there watching cars. This is the first one I've ever seen live, if you can believe that! It was really beautiful. Now, if I can only get permission to hunt on some land around here, I'll be getting one!
Old 05-11-2004, 07:14 PM

Default RE: Saw a coyote today...

lol good luck once you get out there!!

-Hoyt
Old 05-12-2004, 01:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought Ohio was a state that is known for big 'yote popoluations? I know we have alot out here. I actually almost hit one last night on my way home from a friends house. I'm glad I have a good reaction because if was about half a second off, road kill [:'(]
Old 05-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Red Hawk...I'm about 30-40 miles north of Etothepii in Ohio, and we have a larger population in North Central Ohio than south of us...or at least it seems that way. I see at least one every couple weeks somewhere around.

I've actually mangaged to kill a few...so they must be thick. LOL
Old 05-12-2004, 07:54 PM

youve never seen a yote! i see them every time i go in the woods sometimes 3 or 4 im used to it by now, but they are getting out of hand im fixin' to start poppin em'
Old 05-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Okay i stand corrected. I just misunderstood what he was saying. It sounded like there weren't that many out there but its all good
Old 05-14-2004, 07:29 PM

Seth where in the hell do u live that u see 3 or four everytime u step into the woods .... "Coyote Ranch " !
Old 05-14-2004, 07:33 PM

Those suckers are everywhere! They just have a way of not being seen somehow. I've only seen one or two in my life, but they're out there etothepii. I want to devote more time to hunting them... By calling them and setting up in the right spot(s) I hope to see more (in my crosshairs!).
Old 05-18-2004, 08:50 PM

i went coyote hunting 3 times in about 6 weeks and i saw one coyote running away at 500 yards, i geuss i need some of you guys' luck to rub off on me! but im hoping to get a few this summer
Old 05-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess I have some 'splaining to do...

I stopped hunting at age 18 when I went to college. I'm 32 now, and I just started hunting again this past season. As a kid, I hunted on my uncle's land in Michigan. In all the squirrel, rabbit, and deer hunting that I did as a kid, I never saw a coyote. I don't know what the 'yote population in Michigan back then was like. If they were there, I never saw them.

Now, in Central Ohio, I see and hear signs of coyotes every time I go out hunting. But this is the first one I've seen. I hope to shoot a few this summer, if I can get permission to hunt on any land...

Quick Reply: Saw a coyote today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.