Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Why Trap?

Old 05-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why Trap?

In my opinion trapping is just as hard or harder as hunting. You have to learn the way the animals behavor, feeding habits, and just about everything else you can learn about them. You have to set things up perfect(or near) As for human scent, It is just like hunting if they get one scent of it they are gone! It is alot harder than what people think. Especially the cleaning part. LOL If anyone is interested a good trapping website is Trapperman This website has helped me out alot. And so has huntingbbs.com

Thanks,
Trapper_Hunter(Colby)
Old 05-17-2004, 12:15 PM

Shuler, you are VERY MISTAKEN. If you think trapping is easy, you obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. Go buy a license and get a trap and try to catch something other than a skunk or cat, and you'll see what I mean. Please don't make such assumtions about trapping until you further your education on this subject. Trapping, when used correctly, is not only difficult, but is humane, and can save many ranchers from losing lots of cattle, and can help to keep waterfowl and pheasent populations high. Again, please don't make accusations on a subject which you don't understand.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-30-2004, 11:32 AM

why do i trap? well, basically i just do it so that i can catch those dang hogs that are diggin holes everywhere and so i can be close to the animal so that i can study them without me becoming breakfast. they may be extremely ugly on the outside but i think that they are interesting and entertaining just to watch. ill go and sit in a blind with just my camera and take photos of them. i dont know what it is about them but i just love feral hogs.......but when im done studying them then i just either let em out of the trap or i shoot em depending on whether i want to eat 100 pounds of hog meat that year...lol and as for those crazy javelina, i just have to laugh when i see there ugly little faces and how they walk you should watch carefully oneday, you might find it very immusing. (he is a picture of a mamma hog, she had 9 pigletts with her.but they arent in the picture.)

Old 05-30-2004, 11:32 AM

and here is a picture of those ugly little javelina...ya i no, the pictures suck, oh well. and im 14 by the way, 15 in 16 days!! woo hoo!

Old 05-31-2004, 12:45 PM

shuler44 Iam not sure you understand what hunting is all about.
As a trapper I have to get up everyday I have traps out to go see
if I caught anything.If it is raining cats and dogs, if it's freezing cold
or if I have the flu, if I have traps set I have to check them every day.
You on the other hand don't have to get up out of a warm bed if you
don't fill like it, or if it's raining , or if the wind is not right. I take pride in the fact I am a trapper and will take a coyote in a trap over an eight point buck anyday . I would bet that if you followed a good trapper around all day and helped skin,flesh, and put up his catch,at the end of the day you
would say trapping is hard work and hunting is fun...
Old 06-08-2004, 11:04 PM

Big time hunter hear, and would be trapper if I had a place to get up and go to EVERY morning, but c'mon guys. Give the guy a break. Some of you say he "knows nothing about trapping," and other obvious comments, but don't you think that is why his topic title is "why trap." Teach kindly, and you might get some followers. Shove it down someone's throat like they're an idiot, you just might lose 'em.
As for Zak, sounds to me like he just wanted to know if it was cruel or painful. There's nothing wrong with wanting to know this before starting. Compassion is a good thing. It's not anti behavior, it's just curiosity from a hunter. I'm sure he's not an anti hunter. I'm sure as heck not, its my favorite activity, but I'd want to know what is "cruel" and what isn't before I start something. Lighten up, people, and help others out who may not know as much about a certain topic, then they might be more willing to help you out when you have a question.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trapping is Hard as hunting.
Alot of things u have to learn that u don't have to when you are hunting also. You have to learn where to make the best sets, and what u expect to catch in them. If you just throw a trap out all u will catch is probably a cold from being out in the SNow and Freezing weather for nothing. Trapping gives me another excuse to go out in the woods with my papa and spend time with him. While at the same time making money. (Not much though)

Trapper_Hunter
Old 06-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if I would take a coyote over an 8 point buck anyday. Bur 3 or 4 of them would DEFINETELY do it.

Trapper_Hunter

It's hard getting up Early in the morning rather it is freezing, Raing, SNowing, Raining ice, Wind blowing hard but I do it anyway cause it is fun seeing if you caught anything that day. And if I do it gets me satisfactory that I did something right.

Trapper_Hunter
Old 06-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know a professional coyote trapper in my area that traps across the country for yotes to sell to the live market and they will not take them if their is ANY damage to the animal.
just curious but what do they use them for? pets?

Quick Reply: Why Trap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.