Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Semi Autos

Old 02-25-2004, 06:42 AM

Default Semi Autos

Can any one help me with a problem. i am buying a semi auto in Britain but im not sure what to buy, any suggestions?
Old 02-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Semi Autos

A semi-auto what? Rifle, shotgun, pistol? what is your intended purpose for the gun? How much are you willing to spend?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:24 PM

and tell us more, i lived in germany for a year and hunting is, well, not the same over the pond
Old 02-26-2004, 04:58 AM

Shotgun. Probably about £500 - £550. bambikiller6, what sort of hunting did you do?
Old 02-26-2004, 03:04 PM

none it cost to much i went a hole year without holding a rifle so i was woundering that you are hunting their. not working for some of that time i would walk to pick up my wife from the train and stand in the book store for hours looking at the same hunting mag. it was a great day when i found hunting.net on the demo coumpter at a near by store, man i was broke lol
Old 02-27-2004, 06:40 AM

i hunt everything and anything. rabbits, pigeons, crows, rooks, foxes, tree rats, rats, magpies, game birds.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:26 PM

semi autos well i would have to say a beretta Xtrema if u could pay for it your looking at about $1000- $1200 and thats prolly to much but if you wanna go with a cheaper on go EEA Corp your looking at about $409 if u want more info so to www.EEACORP.com
Old 03-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

A semi-auto what? Rifle, shotgun, pistol? what is your intended purpose for the gun? How much are you willing to spend?
I must be mistaken, as I thought that Brits couldn't own any semi-autos...I know for sure semi-auto centerfire pistols are banned, and had thought that so were CF rifles and shotguns. I guess I was partially mistaken.

Shotgun Mike,

Just for my curiousity, care to clarify for us what types of guns you guys can't own, and what the gun control environment is like over there from your perspective. I'm always curious to here from natives who experience harsh gun control firsthand. Do you have to keep the gun at a state sanctioned "gun club," register them, etc...?

Mike
Old 03-02-2004, 03:19 AM

Yeh you are right we can no longer own any sort of pistol. the law states that the gun must be kept in a security cabinet secured to the premises. we can own 3 shot semi auto shotguns on a shotgun certificate, and higher mag capacity shotguns and semi auto .22's on a firearms certificate.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

Sounds like you guys have been railroaded almost as hard as I thought you had. I take it you can't own semi-auti rifles either, correct?

I feel for you guys over there. I've known many Brits and from my experience ya'll are a decent group of people who have been subjected by your own government with insane gun laws that get more people killed than they will ever save. Now the only group of people with any degree of safety and freedom are the criminal classes that have been empowered indirectly by your own government. From what I've read, a person is safer on the streets of the Bronx at 2am than on the streets of London at the same hour. Never used to be that way, but such is the ultimate end of denying citizens the basic human right to defend oneself.

For all you Americans reading this...THIS CAN HAPPEN TO US, TOO! Don't believe for one second that it can't. The liberals and even a few "conservative" politicians dream about laws like this and work hard to get them passed everyday. If we don't continuously remind them that gun control is a political career killer, they will wittle the rights we have away little by little like the British gov't did to the the British. Don't wait until you wake up one night with a machete weilding madman standing at the foot of your bed, and it dawns on you that since you obediently turned in the .45 you used to have in the nightstand, and obediently unloaded and locked up your pump shotgun in the safe in the other room, that the government really can't protect you like they promised they would.

Heck, in the UK it is ILLEGAL to use any force, and especially deadly force, to ward off an armed attacker. You are required by law to simply submit and attempt to call the police to save you. If you resist with violent force YOU the VICTIM will be prosecuted! Unfortunately, if the guy is bent on harming/killing you, it is likely that you will be long dead and the perp long gone before the cops arrive, and that's only if you have time to successfully call them before you're overwhelmed and killed.

I CAN happen here.

Mike

Quick Reply: Semi Autos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.