Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Pictures of my February 1st fox double

Old 02-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pictures of my February 1st fox double

Here's a few of photo's from the two fox I got on the 1st of February. The red fox was caught in a number 3 foot hold, and the black fox was shot with a .243 from about 15 yards, wish I had my bow out there!

It was a bit dark out while we were taking pictures, but here's what I was able to get so far. I need to finish up my 35mm roll and hopefully they'll come out better.

The black fox is going to be full body mounted with a cherry red, a cross and an arctic, all that I've taken out of the same area.

Old 02-23-2004, 02:54 PM

Default RE: Pictures of my February 1st fox double

Awesome pictures. That black fox is beautiful.

Is the bottom picture of the red in the trap?
Old 02-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet lookin' pair of fox! I don't see any exit wound on that blacky! What bullet and where did you hit the little critter to keep from having an exit?
Old 02-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I don't believe in trapping but good pictures regardless

I think that mount you mentioned would look good.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's beautiful!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome pics for sure, thanks for sharing them!!

Well I don't believe in trapping
Did you get a bite from the PETA bug[8D]
Just kidding, I couldn't resist
Old 02-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The red was in the trap and I took a quick bit of video before putting him down. Wasn't more than a minute from the time I got there, turned the camcorder on and off then put him down with the 10/22.

I aimed a little forward on the black fox since he wouldn't stop for the shot, and ended up hitting him right in the bottom of the neck. There is about a one inch gash on the far side of his neck, and the .20 caliber sized hole on the entry, but there is so much hair there that it is nearly impossible to see, and will be easy to cover up on the mount. The bullet went right through his jugular.

I managed to get 4 reds, the black and one arctic fox within 2 weeks of playing around the trap line. I only had sets in three areas, all within an 8 mile stretch, but the area is cramed full of fox.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:24 PM

You know, I used to run a trap line that was MILES long (covering almost an entire county worth of ditches and fields) for everything from muskrats and mink to coon and fox. There used to be good money in it. Heck, I funded a lot of hunting trips with trapping. But I haven't trapped in around 5 years. Coon and 'rats aren't worth a plug nickle anymore. After doing some figuring, it turns out it was costing me MORE to run my trap line than I was making! Heck, here in MN, for a red with a nice pelt like yours has, you'd be dang lucky to get $30 for it. The "PETA bug" is big here in MN for some reason. I now live semi-close to the Twin Cities and just to bowhunt I had to drive almost 2 hours round trip per day!!!! That's hard to do in a truck that gets 9 miles to the gallon. I don't know if it's actually the "PETA bug" or if it's something else (the wealthy) but it gets old after a while. I know that the wealthy people from the Cities tend to head down to my old stomping grounds to hunt. I've been turned away on places I've hunted for years because the owners "leased the land to some guy from the cities". Can't blame the land owners though, can ya? Oh well... nice pair of fox!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you get a bite from the PETA bug
Just kidding, I couldn't resist
Lol. no its all good. I just don't believe it in it because a long time ago, my cousin (who lived in Or at time) stepped on some sort of trap when she was younger and lost part of her foot.

I am not against trapping or for it though
Old 02-25-2004, 07:47 PM

nice foxes, and sorry to hear about your cousin red hawk

Quick Reply: Pictures of my February 1st fox double

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.