Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Air rifle hunting

Old 04-26-2005, 03:57 PM

Default RE: Air rifle hunting

ORIGINAL: Boared

I posted this on Predator Masters a while back. Thought you guys would like the info...

.22 cal. @ 1300 FPS.... WOW!!
Doesn't sound like much of a feat until you find out it's an Airgun, not to mention it looks badda$$ to boot!!!

Condor While other air gun manufacturers struggle to break 1200 feet per second in .177, the new Condor easily achieves 1250 in .22 making it the most powerful pellet gun known in this caliber. Premium Lothar Walther barrels insure accurate pellet delivery. The integral scope rail has been lengthened to allow mounting the largest air gun scopes or other specialized optical sighting devices. Additional dovetail rails allow mounting lasers, bipods, and other accessories to provide the shooter with a powerful and adaptive air gun shooting system.
There's more info on this gun from reviews, I couldn't find the best one I read yesterday. But the shooter claims ½" groups to 50 yards. I don't own any "serious" Airguns, but I think if I were to buy one, this would probably be the one!!

Here is the original link, it has more info on the gun and some more input...
Predator Masters Link to topic...

Edit: Trying to get the pictures to show in the post... [:@]

j/w is taht yours if so how much u pay if u dont mind
Old 04-26-2005, 09:36 PM

Sorta strange about not being allowed to hunt with a bb gun? Funny thing here in Georgia, Small game animals are allowed to be hunted with the air rifle BUT, it also states on private lands "Wild boars may be hunted with deer, turkey, and small game arms" so you could 'legally' hunt wild boars with a BB gun. I always found that funny, 'course you'd have to feel sorry for the idiot who actually shoots one...I'd imagine that boar'd have you in a tree in a split second.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Here's a link you all will want to check out. Go to the photo Gallery link and check out the assortment of game taken. Pay particular attention to page 23....

http://home.comcast.net/%7Epelletgunn/air.htm

Enjoy
Old 04-27-2005, 09:22 PM

I hunt exclusively with airguns (though i have been known to break out the old recurve from time to time, lol). Here in southern California, it's the best option. No smoke, no noise, no cops, lol. Right now I hunt with my Gamo S1k in .177 with a 3-9x32 Ao scope, sling, and a 14" bipod (I'll post a pic. It sends RWS super hollow points at 985 fps), a modified Crosman 1377 pistol in .177 (sends 'em at 600 fps) sporting rubberized grips, trigger and valve work, and a 4x32 scope, and then my childhood bird dropping favorite...A Crosman 664GT powermaster BB/pellet combo with a 4x20 scope. They are all good for hunting, but the Shadow 1000 has more than enough power for any resident small game around here (even turkey, chukar, rabbits, and pheasants). Very powerful and accurate gun. I've dropped starlings at 55 yards with body shots. Hope to be getting a PCP (pre-charged pnuematic) soon. Probably a Chinese B-50 with my budget, lol.

My S1k: