Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Air rifle hunting

Old 03-08-2004, 04:21 PM

Default RE: Air rifle hunting

I posted this on Predator Masters a while back. Thought you guys would like the info...

.22 cal. @ 1300 FPS.... WOW!!
Doesn't sound like much of a feat until you find out it's an Airgun, not to mention it looks badda$$ to boot!!!

Condor While other air gun manufacturers struggle to break 1200 feet per second in .177, the new Condor easily achieves 1250 in .22 making it the most powerful pellet gun known in this caliber. Premium Lothar Walther barrels insure accurate pellet delivery. The integral scope rail has been lengthened to allow mounting the largest air gun scopes or other specialized optical sighting devices. Additional dovetail rails allow mounting lasers, bipods, and other accessories to provide the shooter with a powerful and adaptive air gun shooting system.
There's more info on this gun from reviews, I couldn't find the best one I read yesterday. But the shooter claims ½" groups to 50 yards. I don't own any "serious" Airguns, but I think if I were to buy one, this would probably be the one!!

Here is the original link, it has more info on the gun and some more input...
Predator Masters Link to topic...

Edit: Trying to get the pictures to show in the post... [:@]
Old 03-09-2004, 03:57 PM

THAT IS IMPRESSIVE! I don't know how baddA$S it looks though [8D]
Old 03-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

my dad has a benjamin air rifle that shoots 1000 fps, it was great at getting rid of a pesky squirrel this year in their back yard... one shot and that was it... of course my dog had to go ensure that it was dead too...
Old 03-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I wish that we could in my state ,
but they are illegal for hunting . I don't understand this because an air rifle of sufficient power is one of the best small game rifles around for shorter ranges , and talk about cheap shooting ! If you can knock nickles off of the fence at 75 yards , and put a hole in a metal garbage can at the same range , then they should be allowed .

If the rats I've plinked could bear witness they'd try to stop me !
Old 03-16-2004, 07:06 PM

Hey guys....Im new but i hunt pheasent with a 20 guage shotgun and i have 2 22's and a air gun...i have been shootin my air gun lately and im thinking of buying a air hand gun!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:12 PM

The Gun I want looks like this.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:14 PM

Single or Double action 8-shot semi automatic air pistol. Heavyweight frame with the weight and feel of an actual handgun. Includes Case, Crosman Top Mounted 420 Laser & 3 magazines
Old 03-16-2004, 10:13 PM

I changed my mind...Im not getting that air-gun.Im gunna get something like this in the picture.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:40 PM

I just bought a GAMO Shadow 1000 .177 rifle. 1000 fps is nice but, is there a way to increase that? It's spring piston powered.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:54 PM

i use a crossman .177cal 1000fps with a 4x32 power scope i have killes everything i have killed dog size animals with 1 shot and cant forget the elusive ***** cat that comes near the chickens lol no problem 1 shot deal cat size animals no problem

Quick Reply: Air rifle hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.