Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

foxs

Old 01-19-2004, 05:20 PM

Default foxs

what is the besy way to get rid of red foxs. trap or call them in
i have two sceery calls havent realy use them. are they any good to call with
Old 01-19-2004, 09:47 PM

Default RE: foxs

Whether to trap or hunt is up to you. If you are looking to just get rid of them, you can probably set a lot of traps and cover more area. remember, trapping anything isnt easy and it takes time to check lots of traps. Plus, if you dont already have the equipment and experience its a lot to learn. Unless its just one nuisance fox. Trapping is practically a sciene. Hunting foxes is a lot of fun. The Screery calls are fanstastic. Since you are just worried about getting rid of them you can just use your fav rifle or shotgun. The hide condition is not important to you. Go out in the early morning or late afternoon and start cranking on those calls for about 1 minute every couple of minutes for about 15 minutes. If they dont show move to another location. Most guys like to hunt them at night, but I dont know your state laws. If you can hunt at night it is a great time. Hope that helped.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:14 PM

hey deerhuntingeric. Foxes are the biggest pest here in England. We snare them, shoot them, run them out of their dens with terriers and trap them. I dont know what the laws are over there but if you can i would suggest lamping them with a rifle or shotgun with heavy enough loads or see if there is a local terrier man who can help you. Its all good fun though.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:42 PM

my dad used to trap all the time but he got out of it. i was just wanting to start hunting and trping them for fun