Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

A good way to cook Squirrel

Old 09-29-2022, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default A good way to cook Squirrel

Here is aw yummy way to cook squirrelA good way to cook squirrel is to boil several squirrels in water with a little apple cider vinagar until it is off the bone.
Separate it from the bones, and then put in zatarain's jambalaya mix.
Then follow the zatarain's jambalaya mix directions.
It will melt in your mouth.

It is the way my youngest likes it the best.
Old 09-30-2022, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

I'll have to try that
Old 09-30-2022, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take your squirrel parts, legs and back section cut in half and par boil them in a pot with lightly salted water. When you can easily pass a cooking fork through a thigh piece remove from the water and dry. hen dredge in flour that has salt and pepper mixed into it. Then fry in bacon grease with a little cooking oil to raise the smoking point of the bacon grease until golden brown. The meat will ne crispy on the outside and nice and white and moist on the inside. When I lived at home we would start saving bacon grease in Sept so we had enough to fry squirrels.
Old 10-01-2022, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jrbsr
Here is aw yummy way to cook squirrelA good way to cook squirrel is to boil several squirrels in water with a little apple cider vinagar until it is off the bone.
Separate it from the bones, and then put in zatarain's jambalaya mix.
Then follow the zatarain's jambalaya mix directions.
It will melt in your mouth.

It is the way my youngest likes it the best.
I tried this recently. But kinda cheated. Mixed it with chicken 50/50. I had to get rid of the chicken anyways:/

I also followed the suggestion on the box and added corn and diced tomatoes. It was delicious. My kids liked it too. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try Old Timers recipe next .
Old 11-18-2022, 11:39 PM
Spike

Wow, you can eat them)