Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Squirrel Hunting in PA

Old 09-04-2021, 02:43 PM
Spike

Default Squirrel Hunting in PA

Hello all, Just bought myself a new Browning BPS 12 gauge shotgun with 26" Barrel. I plan on going out squirrel hunting with it when the season is open. Have some questions, Would you recommend using the full choke for squirrel hunting with #6 lead shot? What brand shells do Browning BPS like best and do not jam? Will 2 3/4" and 1 1/8" lead #6 shot work just fine? Thanks and have a great day!
Old 09-12-2021, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can’t speak to the ammo selection for reliability in the BPS, but I generally don’t use full choke for squirrels. Imp or Mod should be fine, and really, anything 6-8 shot will treat you well. Heavier shot is sometimes nice in early season when leaves are still on, but squirrels don’t really take that much killing.