Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Shooting Beaver

Old 04-15-2019, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default Shooting Beaver

Hogs have been slow in the last month, but two of my regular landowners and a new one have called me about helping take care of beavers. I need to stop trying to lead the beavers as they swim. They are usually close enough (inside 100 yards) that no real lead is needed. The two beaver here were killed because they have damaged up the spillway and the pool level of the small lake as risen above where it needs to be, causing flooding issues. In the last month, I have taken 8 beaver from this lake and I would be willing to bet, there are more.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Should wait til late fall or winter and then take them for the hides. Beaver can bring good $$$. They are also pretty good to eat.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

You also better check with your game warden. There is likely a season on them. You surely do not want to do anything illegal.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Should wait til late fall or winter and then take them for the hides. Beaver can bring good $$$. They are also pretty good to eat.
Waiting until fall or winter does not deal with the dam and flooding problems going on right now that are caused by the beavers.

Originally Posted by bronko22000
You also better check with your game warden. There is likely a season on them. You surely do not want to do anything illegal.
No need to check with a game warden, not for what I do. I am 100% legal dealing with nuisance fur bearers...
https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...earing-animals