Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

There are some nice people left

Old 12-23-2016, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default There are some nice people left

Belong to a decated Varmint hunting forum.
I had been talking to my brother trying to get him out and moving around by varmint hunting and also maybe getting some fur to sell. He tells me he doesn't have any calls so I tell him to go buy a couple of coyote calls you can get some for about 10 bucks.

So here is the story on my brother. Had cancer of the esophagus 2013, he bought extra insurance for the operation but didn't pay attention to when it came in effect. That operation is costing him many years of payments to pay back the over $25,000 his cost. Cancer came back fall of 2014 in his liver, operation was in the spring of 2016. at least the insurance covered the major part of that one but there have been compaction's for some reason, so there are many trips many miles away to visit the proper doctors so money is tight.

I got to thinking he has a smart phone and I heard there is a app of coyote call sounds for it. On the varmint forum I asked if any one knew where and what is was.

A fellow sent me a PM. Take a look in the classified ads under accessories at my Johnny Stewart
call system. If it would work for your brother in law I'll give it to you guys for a Christmas present.
It is a older system using a cassette tape.

Robs birthday was 12-9 too.

I told my brother to call the guy and talk to him as he has sent me his phone number. Rob was supposed to have received it Friday last, the fellow would not even let him pay the shipping. Rob said they talked for nearly a hour. Rob told me the fellow is 79 and didn't think he would be using it any longer and it had been for sale for some time with no inquires. He just wanted to read or hear the story of the first coyote he called in with it.

Rob got it Monday but didn't have battery's for it, got some on Tuesday and went out to try it out. Said he could not go back to far as they have about 2 feet of snow on the ground now.

Al
Old 12-23-2016, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

That is awesome to hear! Hope your Brother has great success.